Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I promised to get some photos of my bike after I lowsided it last week - here that are.

Total damage parts are as follows:
  • RH mirror (scratch)
  • RH front top side of top fairing (scratch)
  • RH Bar end scratched
  • RH Brake lever scratched
  • Top Yoke triple clamp pinch pin snapped and bolt lost :)
  • RH Side fairing with indicator scratched
  • RH Lower fairing scratched
  • RH Lower fairing bolts shaved down
  • Rear brake pedal bent
  • RH Frame fitting (holds brake pedal and footrest) broker in two
  • RH Rear indicator smashed
  • Rear fairing cracked and scratched

So why did I go down.. combination of tyres not being warmed up enough, bit of diesel in the turn and the bike just went down in a flash.... one minute turning in next the bike is down no hint of it going that I can recall. Shit happens I suppose..

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The day before

Picture of it just a day before :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sucks man, damage isn't terrible though. Tail is a little F'd up but repairable

·
Registered
209 Posts
Man, sorry to see that. Good thing you're all good, though.

Can someone tell me the difference between a "low side" spill and "high side"? Noob sorry

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Ok so I promised to get some photos of my bike after I lowsided it last week
Ouch! you'll fix her like new I'm sure.

Can someone tell me the difference between a "low side" spill and "high side"? Noob sorry
I believe low side is when the bike slides out from under you. High side is when the bike goes the opposite way in the turn and you being thrown over the other side. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
576 Posts
sucks man... I got a set of T-Rex sliders, yours shipped for 45 bucks... still in the box never used. If you are looking for some.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
ouch but u ok yea ??? easy fix i hope

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thz chaps - yeah damage isn't so bad - mostly cosmetic.... got a set of R&G sliders, some fork sliders and some rear axle sliders on the way :))

Still I slid about 15ft and got right back up - I owe my kit for that I suppose!

Bike is now a project so going to tidy her up, and post pics soon as its looking mint again :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK so I have my frame sliders on now - new right side panels and in the paint shop tomorrow to fix up the front and rear fairings!! Cant wait to get it all fixed up as new!!

Soon as its all fixed I am going to repost :)) Thanks for the support aswell guys - sucks when you lay em down!

·
Registered
35 Posts
i high sided my er6 last year in feburary cold tyres crap road surface. i broke my collar bone and the first thing i tried to do was pick the bike up to see the damage my shoulder didn't like that a kind bloke came running over to see if i was ok and all i could say was i need to check the bike. he could believe i was than more worried about that than me.

i did similar damage to you even with a high side but i had soft paniers on and crash bungs saved a whole load of cash bought my zx6r this year first thing i did was crash bung it up some of my mates say its gay but it means i can spend my cash on other things if i crash.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts