Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided the black frame looked best... so I went for it. I guess time will tell how good of a job it is but at least it looks better for now. Perhaps this winter I will do it right... and not just a rattle can and not just remove the fairings. However, for now I like it... a lot.

BEFORE

AFTER

I also replaced the front turn signals and will do the back soon.... very soon. The rear fender will be back on tomorrow hopefully... after some repair work (from previous owner). Also, I plan to add a fender eliminator and black windscreen... perhaps carbon fiber. Anywhooter, lemme know what you think

·
Registered
299 Posts
Definately an improvement. Replacing that green windscreen is definately a good decision too. Good work.

Question. Are those frame sliders up a little high? Is that where they are supposed to mount?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
OMG. I think I want to do innappropriate things with your bike.

That looks damn hot. Let us know if it scratches off like most rattle can jobs.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think the sliders should be mounted on the other lower bolt not connected to the plastics? Mine are attached to the lower frame bolt

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
yea, that looks great. did you rough up the silver paint before canning it? looks great.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments. We shall see if it chips. I did rough up the silver quite a bit... about 4-5 hours of prep work. If it chips I will make do until winter and do the job correct then and completely disassemble and possibly have it powder coated. We shall see. First thing tomorrow I will move the sliders to their proper position... thanks for the pointers. Also, does anybody just leave the rear fender off.... I kinda like how it looks without it? Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
black > silver

great job

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice one! Loving the black frame.
You gotta get rid of that licence plate unit though.......

R+G in UK do some nice fender eliminators.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts