Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Pic of my trashed, then semi-trashed 03 RR

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  kahearn 
#1 ·
I'm going to blame this on my old tires hitting paint at full left lean at 50ish mph in the beautiful twisties of Northern Arizona. Considering the speed I think I got away pretty clean. What do you think? First pics are right after crash, next pics and after a little paint thinner and some touch up paint. I'm budgeting for brand new OEM fairings as well as some additional aftermarket mods. First thing I did though, was go get wrapped w/ a pair of Pilot Powers. Bike will look great when finished, but I think it looks way better considering I spent almost no money and only took an hour out of my day. Makes me sick though compared to what it used to look like before Yarnell Mountain.:puke

Before Yarnell Mountain.

After Yarnell.

After new pegs, signals and an hour in the garage w/ a sharpie and some touch up paint.

Right side wasn't so bad, although it did get it a little from bouncing off the underside of the guard rail. (And sliding back into traffic)

Next thing is crash protection! Race railz, swing arm and front axle sliders maybe, as well as 3M clear mask on all the adges that are prone to scratches. I like to own nice things, but I think I'd prefer a better ride to a perfect looking bike. I think I might buy a pipe, stabilzer, pcIII, suspension work, etc. Or new fairings. What'd you think? Does it look bad enough that I must have plastics first? Or would you go performance and cosmetics later?

See less See more
#8 ·
forget the mods mate get the new plastics frist, hate it when people leave ther bike trashed. good touch up job as well. My suzuki has rash down the right side and i park it faceing away so i cant see it unden the car port.. fixing it this week

#9 ·
Lol, I park mine the same way. And to those who asked what happened; I was riding newly repaved, two lane twisties. The kind of pavement with the super wide paint lines on the outside of the lane. My buddy went from outside lane to inside lane to close in front of me. So I swung wide to give him space, but I did it near the apex. I was too wide, so I tried to focus on the other side of the road and leaned farther than I ever had. I almost had it, I was almost completely out of the turn and thought I was safe. Once I hit paint though, I felt my peg hit the ground then just slid. Like slow motion I slid uphill for a long ways on the shoulder than hit the rail about 5 feet before it ended. (A guy I occasionally rode w/ slid out on the same turn 3 weeks later, but missed the rail and fell about 200 to his death. R.I.P. Very sad) So I hit the rail and bounced back into the road and had to jump out of the way of an RV that almost ran me over. I was wearing full gear(all trashed), and was completely fine exept for the palms of my gloves burnt faster than paper and I had some rash on my hands and left hip and some pretty good bruises as well. Once I straightened out my handlebars I rode home after smoking probably 5 cigarettes in a row and I don't even smoke. At first I was pissed at my friend for cutting me off, but even in staggered formation you should still maintain your 2 seconds. He was maybe 2 bike lengths in front of me when he cut into my line. Instead of going wide I prob should have just used my rear brake and slowed down. Lesson learned.

#10 ·
glad you are alright

#13 ·
I live in a highrise condo building. Everyone drives mercs and bmws and that type. They hate my streetbike! People complain weekly about the noise I make coming home at night. I've made a lot of enemies, but I don't rev it, and I have a stock pipe. You pass under this tunnel in front of the building to park underground and everything echoes like crazy. People complain so I've kept it stock. I'm moving out though and I think my xmas to myself will be a pc3 and a pinebox

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.