Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Petite women, where do you get your gear?

7K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  AlexZX6R 
#1 ·
I'm 5' and just over 100 lbs. I'm looking for a new jacket and possibly some well-fitted ridding pants. I've been looking around and most websites I've visited only go as low as a 4 and I need something closer to a 0-2.

Any advice?

#6 ·
Ahem, OP... Weren't you based in 'Washington' just a few minutes ago?
Welcome out... will be looking for an intro thread soon.

#10 ·
Hey there!

You can try talking to Aubrey, and I would recommend manufacturers like Dainese and Rev'it. Rev'it offers variable sizing in pants so you can order them in short or long on some of their models.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Tell us a little more about yourself.

Reactions: fallenangel9
#15 · (Edited)
Icon has a ton of stuff for girls if you get their main catalog and I'm not sure if there is much beyond that. I had my wife get a Lion Heart jacket made custom for her since sizing on women is so peculiar and difficult. LionHeart doesn't make jackets anymore though, so maybe another custom maker could be found?

Women's motorcycle gear is not a big market. Most women who ride go on the back of Harleys so all they buy is their gay-pirate gear. Very few women ride sport bikes so not many large manufacturers are willing to lay coin making inventory that won't be sold. Icon has the taken a chance on an underserved market so hopefully they have something in your size.

I also presume you have worn out Revzilla and Sportbike Track Gear as they have a sample of what's out there. And, you need to focus on gear that is specific to sportbike riding / minor track as the gear we need is intended for a certain posture.

Check out the women's Daytona boots as they are top notch. Again, the wife has those and she loves them much more than her Sidi boots.

Hope this helps.

Below, my wife on her Street Triple R:

So, she's wearing a Shoei 1100 helmet, Lionheart jacket, Lionheart gloves, and Daytona boots. The pants have been the most problematic piece to find just over sizing issues, but she's recently narrowed it down to Revit Sand Pants and we expect to pick those up in the next week or two.

#27 ·
On a serious note. You need to go to either Alpinestars, or cycle gear and try the suits,jackets or pants you are interested in on. That is the only way you will get what you want. Or get measured and have a custom suit built for you from scratch from Lion Heart. Keep us posted. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.