Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Doesn't matter get it and wear it.

Votes: 14 32.6%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I'm getting a A* GP Plus jacket (black) for Christmas, but after reading some reviews, I've learned that the jacket performs best from 40-70 degrees.

I guess i'm concerned on how hot will I become scooting around. I plan to incorporate this jacket with the appropriate pants and turn it into a 2 pc track suit for track days or spirited riding.

Should I take this jacket back and upgrade to the GP R or will I be fine without it. This is my first leather jacket. My current jacket is a Shift Avenger mesh jacket that breaths well even with the liner in. Just looking for advice.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a deeply perforated joe rocket. It's all I have. When it gets down to 30's I start pairing it with a wind Breaker, low thirty high twenty and a hoodie goes on too. I'm just a broke mess though. And it rarely gets down there in dallas

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I've got the gp-r perforated jacket.. Flows a ton of air and when it's chilly out.. U need a windbreaking layer underneath.. If u are on a budget and the jacket is going to pull a long season.. Get the perforated one so in the summer time it can cool u off.. If u can afford 2 jackets get one of each.. I love my gp-r.. Going to upgrade the armour soon though..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blazen, Yeahh I really want that GP-R im thinking. Does it have any type of liner in it already or would I basically be buying a standalone liner? Can't really afford two jackets... Not until next year. Summer time here generally will hit 100 degrees.. Generally its around 90ish in North Carolina

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Well not voting due to both my Jackets being Mesh, Had a shift very vented. Sold it when I got the new bike. Now have a slightly vented jacket with linear has got me through a 27 degree ride :p

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
ohh that jacket would go well with my bike haha
Go ahead and order two and send one to my house:bigsmile:

Put a nice pretty bow on it too

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I cant vote, Iv got both none perf for cold rides & perf for summer heat.
I will say, If your going to be using it primarily in the heat, Go with as much perf as you can get.
I have in the past, took a leather punch to some of my jackets.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have 3 types of riding gear: perforated, solid, and textile. I usually default to my perforated leather jacket. Look at it like this, in hot weather you're going to be hot as hell no matter what you wear, perforated or solid leather is going to make you sweat and give you heat stroke no matter how fast you're moving. The added air flow of a perforated jacket gets a bit chillier on the colder days, but a rain coat or wind breaker over your jacket will cut a lot of that out. I prefer to wear it over my jacket because then you get a bit of insulation from the jacket and it will keep you warmer. Textile is the best for colder weather, but doesn't offer as much crash protection as leather.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Go ahead and order two and send one to my house:bigsmile:

Put a nice pretty bow on it too
Yeah you and me both. :) he can order his after he gives us ours!

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
I say go perforated. As others have said... you can always find ways to be warm. But if most of your riding will be in the warmer times of the year, you'll want the perforations.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have the gp-r perf in the green and black and love it. Good air coming in on the hot days but sucks in the cold months. gotten down to the 20s here at night where I live and if I ride I were my joe rocket textile with a thick sweater underneath.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A Perf'd jacket with a full liner or under jacket....I would say is best because those jacket can get hot in the summer for sure.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have a leather Revit jacket,revit' leather gt pants,and a one piece A* all perforated. I prefer a perforated. If it gets too cold I'll just wear a tight sweatshirt and some underarmor underneath it.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Buying stuff from the net is convenient, But until you learn how all the different brands fit
it can be frustrating as hell.
I hate nothing more than to get a package (one Iv been anticipating) only to open it & find its the wrong size or wrong part.
Sending it back sucks

A tip for anyone buying an astars or Dainese jacket, Lots of places have the euro sizing listed,
for instance a euro size 50, Is actually a US size 40.
Now I know most you old hands know this, But some of the newbies may not.
Always check there sizing charts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts