Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Winter shminter go ride, the cold air is like a free mod for the bike! Heated grips are $26 from CAsporttouring.com or dualstar. Throw an extra layer under your usual gear and you'll probably be good down into the 40's. Colder than that a heated vest is nice but not necessary. You can get a warmnsafe full sleeve jacket for under 150 and you'll be good for any temps PA can throw at you:banana

BTW the grips draw ~30wts on high, an e-vest is somewhere around 65wts I think and a full jacket is probably about a hundred (note you'll not often want a full jacket on high - you'll cook).

You could put one of those generators that rubbs against the wheel on the Kona and use the heated stuff on the peddle bike too:lol

On a more serious note, they do make cordless, battery powered heated vests that might be a good option.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I thought of that just after I posted:blush

then added the bit about the kona to make up for it:laugh

I still think you'd like a cheep little dual sport, fun to ride and super cheep to insure and such. You could even use it to teach the GF to ride:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Up in duh North East here where every other Guido owns a camaro....oh yeah, and nobody has a GSXR...instead they all have gixxers!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Pittsburgh Here... well Monroeville really.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Southern York county , PA about 50 min south of Harrisburg and way to F**ckin close to baltimore (Maryland in general). 30 mins from lLancaster

·
Registered
751 Posts
No ZX, but im in Ephrata, bout 40 or so min East of Harrisburg. Might be up there on Wed night though. :devious
I'm in lebanon,it's about 30 minutes on my car and about 15 minutes on the bike.
Reading Here, looking for a local group for rides
Wow! lots of local riders here! When I get back on the bike, We'll all have to meet up!! I'm about 30 to 45 minutes of all these locations. :cheers

1 - 20 of 775 Posts