Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought a Power commander for my zx6r 2005 today (was told its a PC5 although im not sure if they even work on a 05 model...) anyway...

looking for a map to fit it. Its got a Yoshimura RS-5 slip on and a K&N Filter.

Anyone got a map they could send to me??

Cheers!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been looking everywhere but i cant find any info...

Does anyone have a PC5 Map for a 2005 zx6r?
or can it even be installed on a 2005-06 model?

cheers

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Ive been looking everywhere but i cant find any info...

Does anyone have a PC5 Map for a 2005 zx6r?
or can it even be installed on a 2005-06 model?

cheers
dynojet doesnt offer a pc5 for your yr model bike so more likely its a pc3 which is good and they offer downloadable maps for different exhaust for your yr model bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dynojet doesnt offer a pc5 for your yr model bike so more likely its a pc3 which is good and they offer downloadable maps for different exhaust for your yr model bike.
It is definatly a PCV, i was told that it can work with my model year

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a PC5 on my 07 and I got a basic map for similar mods from the website.
oh really?
how did the install go?
Ive read everywere and have even been told by dynojet that a PC5 doesnt work for my model but the guy who sold it to me swore that it actually would.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I might add my bike is the 636 model so using a 07 zx6r Map may not be a good idea... i think there's a way to use PC3 Maps, im more worried about the installation
Installation was easy. All you really need to remove is the tank and the air box. Takes an hr maybe to install. Installation instructions are also on the PC's website. The PC5 has a ground wire, the injector plugs, and the plug for the TPS sensor.

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys,
Just looking at the connections now, it is exactly the same as a PC3, so it should be able to install. as for the maps, i can just use PC3 maps and import them. The guy from Ebay hasnt replied back so im assuming hes not going to....

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have heard that you can cut and paste pc3 maps onto a pc5 table and there will be one extra colum. In order to do that you would need the software that comes with the PC.

·
Registered
922 Posts
ive got all that, how do i do that cut and pasting? cant seem to open two tables
You should be able to open one then cut, open the other then past. Should be pretty simple.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
PCV's were designed for 09 and newer models. Sure with some work and effort one can install it on other "older" bikes, since they all have generally the same connections.

The PCV has 250 rpm increments of adjustability
The PCIII has 500 rpm increments so you are going to need to print off that PCIII map and then hand type in the figures in the appropriate slots and then fill in the blanks (every 250 rpm slot) with some sort of "average difference" between the two, assuming you have no plan to actually run the bike on a dyno and get it professionally custom mapped.

I have yet to find an "online" map that has worked on any bike I have ran. Everybike is a little different and as such each one needs a little different tuning. My real problem with those "online" maps-anyone can submit-even if they know absolutely nothing about anyting jetting related or if there bike has ever even seen a gas anylizer....it is a buyer beware situation (or in this case its free, so you get exactly what you paid for)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey guys,
Just looking at the connections now, it is exactly the same as a PC3, so it should be able to install. as for the maps, i can just use PC3 maps and import them. The guy from Ebay hasnt replied back so im assuming hes not going to....
the PCV is for the 09 and newer models only as riverszzr said. however you can import the pc3 maps to a pc5. The pc5 must have the lastest update to work. Im running a pc3 map and a pc5 map on a pc5 the pc3 map has more points of adjustment making it great for fine tuning . the PC5 processes it faster so u get best of both worlds.

for your bike u will need a pc3.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I do have plans in the future to get that done however, i will wait a little bit, 1. so i can get some money and 2. so i can get some other stuff done on it too. thanks for the heads up Riverszzr, i will give it a go and if all fails i will send it back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
also, when i opened a custom map for a PC3 it already had the 250 increments filled in... not to metion there were some negative numbers, what does this mean?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts