Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.......so how did you get to the ride you have now?
Lets see the pics of previous rides that lead you to your current pride and joy.

For me it was (oh the shame)...a Honda CBR600f, which was written off in a Big Big way with me on it, followed by a nearly a year in hosptial and rehab and 6 years off riding. Then back into it on a ZXR750 J1, then an 03 ZX6R (they don't handle flipped wheelies to well) and my current baby and by far best bike I have ever owned the 05 ZX6R.

Work done to date:
Micron Slip on Can
Braided Brake lines
Chrome DB screen
Polished bar end and levers
Custom Heel plates
Custom colour dash
Oggy Knobs
Rim Stickers
Single seat cowl
Fender Elim
Aftermarket rear blinkers
Dual headlight mod.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Oh, where did you get the LED's for your guage cluster? I've been thinking about doing that but wanna buy the LED's online. Did you?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ok.......so how did you get to the ride you have now?
It was the ex's, she put it up for sale in February and no one would buy it. The thing wore me down, when she hadn't sold it for 6 months (wasn't over priced or anything :dunno) I decided to take it.

She bought it new in Jan '04, I did one 20 minute session at Phillip Island on it in March '04 with ~1600km on it. I bought it in Aug '06 800km later with 2400km on it.

March '04 (Her)

If you're offering, I'll have a go thanks. :thumbup (Well and truely divorced by this stage, although I did tow it down to the track for her).

The day I took it home, 2.5 years after doing the damage :laugh

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the ex's, she put it up for sale in February and no one would buy it. The thing wore me down, when she hadn't sold it for 6 months (wasn't over priced or anything :dunno) I decided to take it.

She bought it new in Jan '04, I did one 20 minute session at Phillip Island on it in March '04 with ~1600km on it. I bought it in Aug '06 800km later with 2400km on it.
Sounds Like a good Pick up to me Steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, where did you get the LED's for your guage cluster? I've been thinking about doing that but wanna buy the LED's online. Did you?
I ordered mine from the US Quarkz, a place called eLED.com couldn't seem to source them over here. 6 EA3020MBC (Blue) and 3 EA3020EC (Red) & I got the 4 white for the Tacho at Jaycar. I have the how to's and progress pics if you need them.

BTW you prolly don't recall me but I was a member of KSRC same time that you were, I had a Black 03 636

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I ordered mine from the US Quarkz, a place called eLED.com couldn't seem to source them over here. 6 EA3020MBC (Blue) and 3 EA3020EC (Red) & I got the 4 white for the Tacho at Jaycar. I have the how to's and progress pics if you need them.

BTW you prolly don't recall me but I was a member of KSRC same time that you were, I had a Black 03 636

Cheers for the info! I'll check it out. Is it all that hard to do? I'm not the best with a soldering iron, let me tell you.

I kind of lost touch with KSRC. I stopped visiting for a while and just didn't go back. Shame you killed the 03, that is/was a nice looking machine!

·
Registered
28 Posts
the gauges are pretty easy, u might have to take it apart a few times to get it right but its kinda hard to screw up. just dont put your bike all the way back together before testing to see if your gauges work. i did that the first time when i made mine all blue. when i did the red at the top of the tach i got the wrong led's and ended up using the red led that they have in there for the redline and just swaping it for a blue one. it came out really good i have some pics posted up somewhere

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

They are tricky to solder cause they are tiny, but it took me about 2 hours all up including removal and reinstall, and as Frank said plug em in and check em prior to the full reinstall.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i originally had an 1993 CBR600F2, that got knocked over in my school parking lot. Totalled, got a nice insurance check and and ended up selling the bike as is for what i bought it for (cosemetic damage). Then i got a 1998 Suzuki TL1000R, lot's of fun...started modding it, took the whole damn thing apart, and couldn't be bothered to put it back together. Sold the pieces, mostly overseas. I took that money and bought the first Blue 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 that showed up in the spring. Love it. Looking for some sort
of motard to salvaged 2007 6R as a full time track bike though.

one more for good measure...

-:banana

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
thinking about getting damper or get you suspension set to your weight here is my rant about both

the damper makes a hell of a differnce on I95 when the bike gets light and so helps you corner better, and it may save your life from a tank slap or the front slipping from you in a turn but its a personal choice but if you ask around everyone that does have one will never get ridd of it

I am a damper and a get your bike set to your weight kind of guy it just makes a world of differnce, before the damper the bike felt light in the front at a 95 after it felt sure and soild on the road and cornered alot better and makes you more covident. The set to the weight of your suspension makes the bike ride smooth and car your weight much better and allow for longer rides, i got my weight set yesterday and but a 100 miles on it , the bike feels softer in breaking like i am not goin to fly over the handle bars when breaking hard, and it seems to corner better but i think the cornering part is in my head, but everything else i know is true cuz me and a friend got the weight set up and he has a zx10 and he says the same thing he is in love with it too.

but like i said before its personal choice but i will never go with a damper and weight being set up sry for ranting but the damper is my first love the weight set up is my second

·
Registered
257 Posts
The first bike i purchased was a 2002 Honda XR250
Then i got my 2005 zx6rr

1 - 20 of 26 Posts