Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2011 zx6-r and it's a pain in the ass to ride with my fiance. She's been riding longer than I have so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with her riding style.

She's constantly having to re-adjust because it's so high and angled that when I brake, she slides forward even while gripping with her legs.

We've never had these problems on my buddy's r6 or the gsxr that we learned to ride on.

anyone else experiencing these issues with the high passenger seat?
Any ideas on aftermarket seats? or a grippy non-slip cover?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I've got a 2011 zx6-r and it's a pain in the ass to ride with my fiance. She's been riding longer than I have so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with her riding style.

She's constantly having to re-adjust because it's so high and angled that when I brake, she slides forward even while gripping with her legs.

We've never had these problems on my buddy's r6 or the gsxr that we learned to ride on.

anyone else experiencing these issues with the high passenger seat?
Any ideas on aftermarket seats? or a grippy non-slip cover?
I've noticed that issue a little bit as well. I usually have my passengers brace their hands against the tank. That helps a lot with holding them back and while braking, might help you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we've tried the tank solution, but she's less than 5 feet tall = short arms = she almost slid into the drivers seat behind.

maybe a company that provides non-slip covers anyone know of?

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
just keep in mind that these are race bikes... not really designed for comfy 2-up riding. tell her to man up.

·
Banned
171 Posts
just keep in mind that these are race bikes... not really designed for comfy 2-up riding. tell her to man up.
+1
I dont enjoy riding two up that much so not a problem. Once I get the rear seat cowl im going to break down the back seat and see what I can do to make it a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Go to local upholstery shops and tell them your problem. I know around here they make seats for boats and jet skis out of a pretty cool material that doesn't let you slip much even when wet. I have looked online for custom seats before, and been sorely disappointed.
Hicky is right though... It's a racer. Was never really designed with a whole lot of emphasis on passengers. More of an afterthought.

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
you can do the seat yourself. cut a memory foam pad to the same size as the seat. take off current cover. add memory foam. grab a new material that is grippy. cover seat. and youre done.

·
Registered
680 Posts
As a gift, I got my gf a Corbin seat for the back of my bike, helped with the comfort and sliding. I'm sure a cheap option would've done the same, but it's only money, lol

She only really had a problem with emergency braking of sliding forward, otherwise it was more of a comfort thing, she's really good on the back of my bike, most of the time i forget she's back there she does so well. Soon she'll be confident enough to ride (her 250R I bought her) at the 50mph+ speeds and we can go on rides together other than around town.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input fellas, I'll look into Corbin and if it's too pricey, I'll check into non-slip and memory foam DIY type of thing.

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
MistressofMayhem can testify to how hard it is to stay on the rear seat while I'm breaking into a corner. She was putting her hands on the tank, and hooking her boots under the edge of the fairing and still couldn't get a decent grip for her feet. I've been thinking about making up some brackets to drop the rear pegs about 2in and forward 1in, think it would help. The only other passenger I've ever ridden with was about 5ft nothin, and diddn't seem to have as much trouble... but she also wanted to lean out of the corner, so I wasn't pushing it as hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts