Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,035 Posts
If your bike is still under warranty and the OEM part fell out during typical/normal operations, I would be raising h*ll with the dealership you bought it from. There's no telling how many other bolts on the bike are improperly torqued. If you don't want to waste your time on that, take out one of the remaining bolts, and go to your local mom and pop hardware store and ask them to match that bolt. Not a big box store, something like Ace Hardware or the like. They have bins of every bolt imaginable, and will sell them at less than $1 each. The sort of size you're looking for I have to think would be under a dollar. Even if it were $2 for a single bolt that's much less than shipping would be.

You could also contact your local dealership and see if they have any laying around.

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
387 Posts
Yep. And a useful fact. Dang near every 600 sport bike I have ever checked takes the exact same size bolt. For sure what RJ said about it being new. These bikes come 99% already bolted together and dealerships get a few hundred bucks from the manufacturer for going over every part of the bike to make sure it’s all torqued. 99% of kaw are spot on tho. And Honda. Susuki is the one we find the most loose or wrongly adjusted stuff on but that’s decently rare.

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
387 Posts
no im an idiot and took them off but now i want to learn to ride with a passenger and it got lost somehow in my garage ill probably end up going to a mom and pop shop then
Should be fairly easy to find. I just looked and they’re $4.67 from Kawasaki. But Honda cbr takes the exact same bolt and they’re $1.50 each. Just explain the bolt. If the parts guys arnt pricks they will source ya the best price.

· Registered
2,254 Posts
no im an idiot and took them off but now i want to learn to ride with a passenger and it got lost somehow in my garage ill probably end up going to a mom and pop shop then
There are better bikes for these purposes. Seriously leave the pillion pegs off the bike. Or maybe your GF is four-foot nothing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts