Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Sato install with no fairing cutting. Full rails would offer more protection, I'm just looking to limit plastics damage in a low speed simple type of fall:

My OEM windshield is weathered and has some damage from spilled brake fluid.... Hoping to get a green shield:

Pegs an inch lower than OEM seem like they should allow me more comfort/less kink in my knees...

This gizmo locks into the same spot as the passenger pad, and has multiple tie down points. I can see that as the hard point for the second part of my tank bag to act as a top case, and it would also allow use of soft saddlebags without them hitting the plastics.

·
Registered
2019 ZX6R
182 Posts
I like the Sato install with no fairing cutting. Full rails would offer more protection, I'm just looking to limit plastics damage in a low speed simple type of fall:

I had the OES frame sliders on my 2012. No cut, and nice fit and finish. I had the front and rear spools as well. Just throwing it out there for comparison.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Like the gizmo, would be handy for long trips. I've wondered about doing long trips on a Z6R 636. Now have moved on for something that is a bit more suited for long rides but still the idea is tempting. I dropped my 2014 a couple of times on the left side at 0mph. First time I jumped off when someone turning a corner almost hit me - went by on my right!!! This was not in England where that is they way it is supposed to happen. Chipped the edge of the midfairing and scratched the lower a bit but no real damage. Drool[[ed it on the side of I-75 after pulling over th fix hy Sena bluetooth, flipped kickstand down but it ditnt go into position! Bam I'm on the ground and the bike is also! Hadn't replaced the chipped mid fairing so added another chip but not real apparent. Bent the clutch leaver but was able to continue on. I was amazed no more damage than that.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Do you have an alternative link to the gizmo? It just takes me to google and says "Product cannot be found".

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading the reviews, you either take parts off your pillion pad,or source the brackets from somewhere else....

You get the plate, screws and spacers, but no brackets.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Ahhh cool, thanks for the text - when I googled that it came up with something. Google store still refused me (probably geo-location or some rubbish);

I have one like this, which attaches to the pillion seat: Oxford T40R TAILPACK - BLACK : Oxford Products

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Just a word of warning with any luggage that sits in the pillion area. You may have to do a high-kick to get your leg over the bike and avoid knocking the luggage when you mount up. It's annoying but you get used to it.

Reactions: PhotoAl

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a word of warning with any luggage that sits in the pillion area. You may have to do a high-kick to get your leg over the bike and avoid knocking the luggage when you mount up. It's annoying but you get used to it.
On other bikes, I've learned to bend my knee and put that over the seat first, rather than the high kick. This one, it almost seems like I'd be better off standing on the left peg while it's on the side stand. Just not as flexible as I was in decades past.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes for sure need to work on the flexibility! Over the last couple of year have done several long solo motorcycle trips. In September when I traded bikes in the middle of a trip, the new bike (Yamaha Tracer GT) was a bit taller than old bike. Since my pillion seat had a 58 liter bag on it had to grab my foot and help it over - its tough getting old! After a few days didn't need the hand assistance and could get my foot over just fine. LOL almost fell one time getting off when my foot caught on the seat - that would have been damaging to my ego!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts