Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

What should I do about my current paint scheme?

• Keep the current paint

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • OEM colors are best!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Single color but still keep it different (Charcoal)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am highly considering having my fairings repainted to a single color. Right now I have a Blue Pearl with a Real Flame ghost scheme. Its quite an expensive paint job that the last owner had done. However, my bike catches too much attention and the wrong kind. Already had it stolen once so I am considering going to a single color. I want to avoid the OEM colors and go with a metallic or just glossy charcoal.

Should I keep the paint job I have and not spend the money?

Current:
ZX6R2014 by Yung_Photography, on Flickr

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd hate to see you get rid of that paint job. I'm not big on that style but it was done so subtly on your bike it just looks fantastic.
I like it too an extent. I want to start visiting the track and I feel like I worry too much about the paint that I dont ride like I should. The work is amazing but its starting to feel like this paint belongs to a 90's Foxbody.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the paint job, but it's so well done that I would hate to see it painted over.

Also, I would highly doubt if the theft issue has anything to do with the paint :O

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a huge fan of the paint job, but it's so well done that I would hate to see it painted over.

Also, I would highly doubt if the theft issue has anything to do with the paint :O
It probably was. Why weren't the other sport bikes stolen in my apartment complex? Mine is furthest from the road and was parked under a light. The others aren't chained or anything. No garages here or I would have rented one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Maybe put the fairings up for sale on Ebay or Craigslist at a high enough cost to replace them with the color you do want.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I'm a really big fan of solid colors but I have to say that your fairings pop.

If you're deadset on solid, get a second set of fairings and sell yours so they can be appreciated on another ninjer :yes

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have already started collecting other fairings. I might sell ones currently in the bike or keep them. Not all are kawasaki. The tail is an off brand and I think one of my side fenders is too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I think it would be better to have my fairings repainted. Yea, the flames are cool and the work is amazing, but I dont feel like trying to buy all of my fairings to get what I want and I dont want to part them out either. I will work with what Ive got and say goodbye to the flashyness.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts