Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

One month after getting my brand new 30th anniversary edition kawasaki zx6r, a piece of the paint chipped off of the gas tank. I noticed after my 600 mile tune up, but no way to tell if it happened then. Any advice on something I can do to fix this? Warranty folks would laugh at me.

6ravis

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
That sucks...especially on a brand new 30th edition bike :(

I Hate to sound like this but.....gonna happen on any/every bike unless you leave it on the showroom or wrap it in vinyl :O

- Could have been flying debris while riding (rocks kicked up)
- Could be your jacket (Zipper...)
- Or something else...

Regardless......Warranty folks as you said....well lets just say its folklore...

Maybe try a touch up pen from Colorrite or straight from Kawi? (if they offer it)

Reactions: zx6ravis

·
Registered
100 Posts
same thing happened to my beautiful 2014. The white paint on tank started chipping. I noticed it right after the 600 mile check up at dealership. They didn't do anything. I was bummed out for a good 2 days.. I just wrapped the bike. I love my white paint, but decided to protect whats left.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Damn that blows. As the previous post said get touch up paint and clear touch up. Slightly sand the area. Fill in with paint. Clear. It's will always be there but will pop less

1 - 7 of 7 Posts