Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so yesterday was my first time doing a coolant flush on my 2013 ninja and as I was finishing up I guess I was a bit in a rush and over filled the reservoir tank. Will this affect anything? Btw, I'm not really handy guy and it took me 3 hrs to do it. Haha...

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
^ +1

Won't necessarily hurt anything but your going to get coolant overflowing the tank when it gets hot. Can be dangerous if you’re running glycol or other slippery coolant as it may get on the rear tire while you’re riding.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do what the guy above me said. :)

·
Banned
7,068 Posts
Put it on stands (or not) and a towel under the overflow then run it up to temp (till the fan kicks on) a few times. You will no longer have too much.

Ey3

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Put it on stands (or not) and a towel under the overflow then run it up to temp (till the fan kicks on) a few times. You will no longer have too much.

Ey3
Either pull that tube out to drain some or just let it go. The coolant has an overflow and will get rid of the excess itself. Obviously you don't want to be leaking fluids while your riding so do what ey3 said. Just be aware of it because I see higher temps riding then when idling so even if you do that, you might still push some fluid when riding until enough coolant gets removed.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Forgot to mention that you can also just siphon the coolant from the reservoir. You may have to remove one or two fairing pieces. The one that goes around the gas tank and the one that screws into the upper by the tachometer and forks. Very easy to remove both of those. Hopefully you don't have California model with the charcoal canister in the way, otherwise it should be easy to get to the reservoir.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is the 13' different from the 14' cuz on my 14' you can easily remove the cap without taking off any fairings. Personally I would just get a tube and siphon that shit out or use a long syringe to suck it out from the reservoir. I didn't over flow mine but it sits about half way up between the "full" line and the reservoir cap. No spill for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It should be the same as the 14 and 15 model. Mine is a little over the F line but manual says right between F and L line. Btw, just got done starting the bike and let it ran until the fan came on but didn't spit anything out so I guess I'm good. I'll definitely look into siphon.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Forgot to mention that you can also just siphon the coolant from the reservoir. You may have to remove one or two fairing pieces. The one that goes around the gas tank and the one that screws into the upper by the tachometer and forks. Very easy to remove both of those. Hopefully you don't have California model with the charcoal canister in the way, otherwise it should be easy to get to the reservoir.

No did the same thing and siphoned it out. Just know you have to let the engine cool all the way down and it will pull some fluid off the reservoir

1 - 12 of 12 Posts