Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an 05 zx6r 636 let her running on idle and temp. came up with a blinking 244, fan was on and there wasnt any FI light on. this is the first time happens.
any ideas?:idea:

·
Registered
532 Posts
take it for a 30 minute run around your neighbor hood and see if itll randomly cut off whilst moving... 05s have a problem with the ecu overheating

Edit: seeing how youve been here for a minute, im taking that youve ridden a bit, so it might not be the ecu. check to see if coolant is cirrculating.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
check coolant.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've never had that problem but on one of our 100+ days I was at a stop and even with the fan on it was going up still. But these bikes are made to move

·
Registered
968 Posts
My 05 did that one day in 100+ stop and go traffic.. got up to about 140 and started blinking. Hasn't happened again since then, I plan on flushing my coolant and changing it out and see if mine runs cooler. Kinda in the same boat though..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
take it for a 30 minute run around your neighbor hood and see if itll randomly cut off whilst moving... 05s have a problem with the ecu overheating

Edit: seeing how youve been here for a minute, im taking that youve ridden a bit, so it might not be the ecu. check to see if coolant is cirrculating.
how can i check the coolant circulation?

If you are missing coolant or have too much air bubbles in your radiator, then the temperature on gauge will be quite off.Check your coolant.
my coolant is good.

how long was it idling before you over heated? and what kind of weather were you sitting in?
it was for about 30 minutes, this never happen before. dont know if it has to do with ECU overheating or probably the thermostat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
how can i check the coolant circulation?

my coolant is good.

it was for about 30 minutes, this never happen before. dont know if it has to do with ECU overheating or probably the thermostat.

Why would you let your bike idle for 30 minutes anyhow? :O

·
Registered
157 Posts
I get why you wanted to see when/if it shut off because i wanted to do the same one time. Like everyone said check coolant and do a flush to be safe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Radiator is too small to idle for that length of time, bike is designed to be moving, however your fan should provide enough air flow to keep it from going over mid 220s, so I would do a full cooling system flush and fill.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts