Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Is Ortega any technical or is it just sweepers mainly?
Sweepers and a few decreasing radius. There are 2 turns going into Ortega from the San Juan Capistrano side that are so damn fun. 1 is a right hander and it just keeps getting tighter and tighter when you think it's going to end, it does not. I love it. then there is another one like that going down hill that is a left hander. I really never go that far into Ortega anymore because the roads on that side of the county are maintained by Riverside county and the road has some uneven surfaces, makes it sketchy if you are pushing.Same thing on that turn though it is a decreasing left hander and it gets tighter and tighter and tighter,then there is a super quick chicane to the right, so if a rider is pushing beyond his skill, they'll end up into the side of the mountain. There are some amazing long straights, and some nice sweepers in between. I have one spot I love the most there. That is the entrance of of a few real tight left and right handers followed by a few chicanes close to one another <it is nicknamed "the carousel">. Ortega to me is like a short version of ACH. Ortega From San Juan Capistrano to Lake Elsinore is about 27 miles from start to finish. On the weekends a lot of riders like to take the 74 out to Idllywild or they take the 15 out to palomar, do the 78,79, take that to the 94 and borrego springs,montezuma. Sorry for the long reply. I'm just passionate about those roads haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
why'd the video go private? I love ortega highway! I miss it so much and would love to visit again but i'm living in vegas now.

nvm, I see it :coocoo

21 - 40 of 55 Posts