Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven’t been on in a while, hope this is the right place. A while back I hit a deer and did a good number to the beautiful orange fairings. After a month or so I got it back together, but threw some cheap black fairings on and called it a day. Fast forward several months to today, and I want to bring her back to her former glory, and SOON. I miss that orange. Anyway, I’ve heard that orange is a pretty uncommon color, but has anyone tried fairings like the auctmarts (or whatever it’s called, they sell a lot of fairings on ebay) and can verify a brand that matches the tank color well?
THANKS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best match will always be OEM.....Partzilla can get you there for less that list price.....
Yeah, just looking at it, I’m gonna be well over a grand into it. At the end of the day the bike itself only has so much value. I’ve heard of auctmarts and they say if I send them an oem colored plastic they can paint match... don’t know of anyone else’s experience

·
Registered
12,481 Posts
No paint remains the exact same through the life of a bike. Weathering, oxidation, etc. Will cause it to fade...... But every bike is exposed differently. No two perfectly identical.

If you have the fairing pieces color matched to the tank, it will be as close to perfect as possible. Even OEM is likely to not match a weathered tank perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts