Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I got the Young Engineering rearsets. Thanks Ian! I went ahead and got the silver ones for now. I have a silver '06. Now I was thinking of getting mine anodized red since there is other red anodizing on the bike. I did some quick photo editing to get a better idea but I just don't know. And please don't make fun of my lack of photo editing skills!

Silver (as it really is)

Black (sort of)

And last, but not least, red

What do you think? I'm actually leaning towards leaving it silver!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
They all look good.
The red is just awesome, totally different, and that makes it worth it.
The black blends right in, just like it should.
The silver also looks like a natural setup...and thats sweet.

This would be a hard choice for me also.
I would more than likely roll with the silver.
(until I decide on red or black:laugh)

Oh, good photo skills.
Im still working on how to open the program.:confused

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i'd probably go with the black. silver looks very natural too, with the silver A bracket and everything, i just like black a little more. It is different than stock.

I think the red would stand out, but be something that looks a little out of place. You've got red flames, red forks, and red rearsets? With the black and silver right next to them, i think it could be tacky...and not flow right...just look like you happen to paint red whatever new things you happen to put on the bike without thinking through the flow of the colors. I could be wrong though. Photoshoping the colors with a shot of the whole bike would help.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear what you're saying and it makes sense about the flow. Black may make more sense but I'm still leaning towards the silver because it just looks "cleaner" IMHO.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I wouldn't do red unless you get your rearsets colored red as well, otherwise what kahearn said about random coloring of new parts will happen.

I think the silver blends nice and makes them look like "part of the bike".

I think black would also blend well too, but may not really be worth the extra cash (for this bike) since the rearsets are already silver.

+1 on the picture of the whole bike for better perspective.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am with Ian on this one. Unless you are going to get the rear sets to match leave them the way they are, red would look crazy though.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
get a whole pic of the bike and color em with photo shop to get a better idea how they look instead of a small pic?? ya know??

·
Registered
900 Posts
Silver looks cool like stock, black would look smart if whole assembly done and the red is too much. The great thing is tho' we're all individuals with different opinions, one mans meat is anothers poison, whatever you go with is best for you.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Maybe get both the rearsets and the extenders powdercoated black to match the frame?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I wouldn't do red- it tends to fade to pink. I rather like the bare aluminum myself, but the black is also cool.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Doh! I forgot to follow-up. Anyhow I decided to keep them silver for now. I can always get it done later if I change my mind. Here is the current pic...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice! The bike matches the truck. Looks Good

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gotta tell ya I really dig the position I put the pegs at! Seems more natural for the bike. The only problem (and this is MINOR) is that the kickstand peg is a little harder to reach since the shift rod is right there. I may just have a welder put a small extension so that it is easier to hit. Otherwise I love these things!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah the kickstand can be a little tricky. I got myself into the habit of pushing on the end of it with my toe.

I'll try to take a picture of what I mean to show you.

Glad you like them!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Looks real good. Hope Ian gets cracking on the 2000 6R build.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts