Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bad news this afternoon. A lot of people here have ridden with him. He is Shortyx5. I have had the pleasure to ride with him at Mulholland, and GMR quite a few times he also showed me the switchbacks at Palos Verdes. Awesome
guy, fantastic rider. He is ok, with a few scrapes ATGATT folks, and I can not stress that enough. His ride though is going to need some attention. I am sure he will fill in everyone on the details. I started this thread with his permission as well as the use of his photos he sent me. Someone turned left in front of him at slow speed and he high sided when the front brake locked.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
That sucks and wish a speedy recovery on him and the bike. I hate seeing rashed bikes...its the worst hearing metal slide on pavement.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know , how there is a delay in the world of technology we have today. I get the text from him that someone cut him off, I thought he was using his chatter box to send me text by voice. So I ask well your ok. Not knowing he had went down. Then I see the pics and called him. So glad he is ok. Bikes are a easy fix/replacement flesh and bone not so easy. What sucks also, on this forum we have had 3 incidents in about as many weeks. The guy that lost his 2 toes, FishBowl at Angels Crest, and today our buddy Shortyx5.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Always sad to hear that someone went down. Get well soon shortyx5! I think he works at a hospital so he's definitely going to get taken of well. It's scary when vehicles block the line of sight for left turners.

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
437 Posts
Considering that I flew a few feet and landed on my side I'm not too bad. A little beat up with scrapes and bruises. If I'm still on pain Monday I'll go to the hospital. I have a couple witnesses saying he cut me off and the police report says he turned left in front of me. The driver admitted to have cut me off so I hope the insurance co's do their job. Hate to see my bike like this. I'm starting to believe they are cursed. Damages will probably be up in the 3000 ish. I'll keep u guys updated on what the insurance says next week. Thanks for the love guys. If I have to pay deductible then I'll probably be out for the summer :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
Always sad to hear that someone went down. Get well soon shortyx5! I think he works at a hospital so he's definitely going to get taken of well. It's scary when vehicles block the line of sight for left turners.
Yeah the left lane was blocking his view. It's the other guys fault but then again shit happens his view was obscured.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering that I flew a few feet and landed on my side I'm not too bad. A little beat up with scrapes and bruises. If I'm still on pain Monday I'll go to the hospital. I have a couple witnesses saying he cut me off and the police report says he turned left in front of me. The driver admitted to have cut me off so I hope the insurance co's do their job. Hate to see my bike like this. I'm starting to believe they are cursed. Damages will probably be up in the 3000 ish. I'll keep u guys updated on what the insurance says next week. Thanks for the love guys. If I have to pay deductible then I'll probably be out for the summer :(
Your body is going to be sore for a few days maybe even a week. From all the adrenalin shot into the muscles before and after the accident.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Damn man hope it subsidies and hopefully not to much rash that shit is the worst at least you're able to move around a little bit

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
This sucks that bike was beautiful. I suggest you go get yourself checked out to make sure you don't have any internal injuries. Since this seems to be the cagers fault you should have your bike back up and running in no time.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks guys for the support. Woke up sore as hell and with neck pains. Gonna swing by the ER before work tomorrow. Ask the pretty nurse for sole vocodin. =P

1 - 18 of 18 Posts