Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so I had an idea. I'm sure a lot of you have seen OldNinjaDude's bike here and there and noticed that it's CRAZY CLEAN (mad props, here, man.). So, for all of those who want to participate, I'm challenging myself and y'all to a bike cleanliness competition. Basically, clean your bike as best you can and post pics. Closest bike to OND's level of perfection wins. And maybe, just maybe, the man himself will see this and be the judge of the bikes. Now, I'm off at school and won't be able to get back home to mine (stupid job) until at least the 12th of May, so I'll have a later entry date. Anybody up for it?

And if this is a dumb idea, please tell me :O:O

P.S. Here's a good reference for the level of clean:
http://zx6r.com/build-thread/21608-ond-s-bike-thread-maintenance-mods.html

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you seen that thread?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alrighty, then.

Reactions: squirreljedi

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, no big deal :)

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
lol sorry dude i didnt mean to come off like an ass if thats what it seem like..
It did, But we can move on to your point, I disagree.
Close ups with a good camera can show us a lot.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly! And I'm sure you've got some practice taking high quality pictures with a nice camera, just based off of how clear all of your photos are, OND. But it shouldn't be too hard to at least get kinda close, don't you think?

·
Registered
715 Posts
My bike is nowhere near OND's. However his is the reason that while I was swapping out my fluids, I took a toothbrush and cleaner to my headers and front of my engine and cleaned it up quite a bit. I wanna start doing that to parts of my bike and hack away at it little by little. 17 years of road grime and apparently not too much cleaning up by previous owners, and a bit by me, will do that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My bike is nowhere near OND's. However his is the reason that while I was swapping out my fluids, I took a toothbrush and cleaner to my headers and front of my engine and cleaned it up quite a bit. I wanna start doing that to parts of my bike and hack away at it little by little. 17 years of road grime and apparently not too much cleaning up by previous owners, and a bit by me, will do that.
Same. I detail my car whenever I wash it, and I want to start doing the same to Kara. Only thing is, I don't have a front stand :/ so the front wheel will be a pain.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Less cleaning moar riding !
Why not do more cleaning and more riding? :O There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your bike and wanting to keep it clean.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
My camera is 5 years old has been dropped a few times & now the the view screen is cracked badly. lol
Its just a Canon power shot 10. nothing fancy by today's standard.

The trick to good pics is lighting & a steady hand, But lighting is 90+% of it.
You got to get the light just right, Hard to do outdoors sure, But not if you know a few things.

First I don't usually bother with cloudy days, I can never get the sharp intense color I like,
Second, You can't take em in direct sun, as its to much light,.
The best time is in the late evening as the sun is setting, With the sun behind you, these are the best conditions.
Early morning is also a good time.

But we can't always wait till the end of the day, so the next best thing to do is find a shade.
Not to much shade, You want the sun to trickle through, This works best when the sun is over head & full.

Spring time is good for this as the trees are not yet in full bloom. What your doing is filtering the sun light.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My camera is 5 years old has been dropped a few times & now the the view screen is cracked badly. lol
Its just a Canon power shot 10. nothing fancy by today's standard.

The trick to good pics is lighting & a steady hand, But lighting is 90+% of it.
You got to get the light just right, Hard to do outdoors sure, But not if you know a few things.

First I don't usually bother with cloudy days, I can never get the sharp intense color I like,
Second, You can't take em in direct sun, as its to much light,.
The best time is in the late evening as the sun is setting, With the sun behind you, these are the best conditions.
Early morning is also a good time.

But we can't always wait till the end of the day, so the next best thing to do is find a shade.
Not to much shade, You want the sun to trickle through, This works best when the sun is over head & full.

Spring time is good for this as the trees are not yet in full bloom. What your doing is filtering the sun light.
Wow, thanks! I'll definitely do this when I take my pictures.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts