Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just looking for some insight here. I was thinking about taking the stickers off the bike. What do you guys think??:O

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have the 06 limited and I took half the decals off of it and I like it a lot better. I would say pull them off, especially on a black bike.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh, if you take the one off the tank it's probably under clear coat, I know mine was.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking it'd look better with em off. Whats the best way to get them off and how do you clean up the junk thats left on there?:)
And whats the secret with the ones on the tank?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Off. Except the tank. I don't know what they were thinking with the 03 decals. The colours were all horrible.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You can go to the parts store and get a can of adhesive remover, anything will work just let it soak. My kawi decal on the tank came off but you can see where it was clear coated over. It's not that bad but I notice it. I just need to get the tank buffed at a body shop and you'll never know they was there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm - am I the only one that thinks its a shame to take them off?
I prefer them on, so people can gaze at my Ninja when slowly rolling by them. Especially the "Ninja" decals, should be a crime to remove! :hail

Oh, and if you want to remove stickers, always heat them up before removing them (heat cannon is the best, otherwise just use a hair dryer!) - that way you can minimize the glue left behind dramatically!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I said I had removed mine I meant the ones on the seat cowl,left the rest on :coocoo and yep WD 40 is what I used to get shut of the goo

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Im gonna pick me up some wd-40 and give it a shot. Wish me luck!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
smittyzx6r:
Please do post some before and after pictures - maybe I will do the same to my bike, so it could be great for me with those pictures - thx in advance :)

/ZnoonZ

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
smittyzx6r:
Please do post some before and after pictures - maybe I will do the same to my bike, so it could be great for me with those pictures - thx in advance :)

/ZnoonZ
Will Do:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts