Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down today after 3 years of going to the track. Tucked the front. It happened instantly, no warning at all. Coaches said I was probably riding past what the street tires could handle since my pace is close to expert. Went out with new perelli supercorsa race rubber for 2 sessions after and did fine.

The bike faired pretty well, just some rash. Was surprised the tank didn't get any

Small dent in tail fairing, easy fix since the are fiberglass

This scuff is actually on the opposite side of the crash

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Sorry to hear, man. No major injuries, I hope. How did the rest of the gear hold up?

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Glad you came out of it alright and that the bike didn't get too messed up :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I hate falling over. The damage appears minimal, and your leathers held up. Sounded like you finished the day off ok with the pirelli SC's. Which set did you run and how did you like them with your setup?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Most important is you are OK. Were you at NJMP? Which turn?
Which tires were you running?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
I hope to be there (NJMP) in May. I like the sticker on your truck.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I'm curious to know what tires you were running that you crashed in.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Good to hear you walked away with no broken bones injuries.. Bike has a few war wounds but other wise ok..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry to hear, man. No major injuries, I hope. How did the rest of the gear hold up?
gloves are fine, helmet has very small scratch on visor, otherwise didn't get touched. Boots fine but my ankle is sore, they are lower end a-stars, I think I may look for something with more ankle protection soon.

I hate falling over. The damage appears minimal, and your leathers held up. Sounded like you finished the day off ok with the pirelli SC's. Which set did you run and how did you like them with your setup?
I don't know much about the pirelli's but I'm pretty sure the front is a V1 and rear is a V2 ( if that sounds right.) Both medium compound I believe. I didn't like them the first time out, the rear seemed to be flexing in the faster turns, but it could just have been my head messing with me. 2nd session I picked up the pace again and they seemed perfect

Most important is you are OK. Were you at NJMP? Which turn?
Which tires were you running?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
I hope to be there (NJMP) in May. I like the sticker on your truck.:bigthumb:
Yes the Thunderbolt, in the long left after the townhouses. My tires were Q3's. They were perfect until this crash. The stickers I actually have a whole stack of them, I started a FB page ATGATT a while back. I was going to start selling stickers so I had 100 made, then my son kinda slacked on programing the website then I slacked off and life got in the way
I'm curious to know what tires you were running that you crashed in.
Q3's

·
Registered
114 Posts
I didn't like them the first time out, the rear seemed to be flexing in the faster turns
If you were running dunlops then Pirellis will feel that way. Looking at very different carcass types. Just a matter of getting used to it.

180/60 Supercoras sc's have been my favorite tyre so far. Have a uk ntec front and a us ntec 200/55 rear for this Saturday to try out, sure it will take some getting used to.

Good to see the crash damage wasn't to bad. Might be worth considering investing in some case savers. Cracked engine case's are depressing as one of my friends found out. :crazy

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
gloves are fine, helmet has very small scratch on visor, otherwise didn't get touched. Boots fine but my ankle is sore, they are lower end a-stars, I think I may look for something with more ankle protection soon.

I don't know much about the pirelli's but I'm pretty sure the front is a V1 and rear is a V2 ( if that sounds right.) Both medium compound I believe. I didn't like them the first time out, the rear seemed to be flexing in the faster turns, but it could just have been my head messing with me. 2nd session I picked up the pace again and they seemed perfect

Yes the Thunderbolt, in the long left after the townhouses. My tires were Q3's. They were perfect until this crash. I actually have a whole stack of them, I started a FB page ATGATT a while back. I was going to start selling stickers so I had 100 made, then my son kinda slacked on programing the website then I slacked off and life got in the way

Q3's

Last month I had a lowside at the track that came out of nowhere. It happened on turn 2 at NCBike ... a turn that I had been taking really well all day.

I was turning and then I was sliding.... I still can't figure out what I did wrong. However, I'm a "beginner", so I doubt I was pushing my Q3's that hard.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you were running dunlops then Pirellis will feel that way. Looking at very different carcass types. Just a matter of getting used to it.

180/60 Supercoras sc's have been my favorite tyre so far. Have a uk ntec front and a us ntec 200/55 rear for this Saturday to try out, sure it will take some getting used to.

Good to see the crash damage wasn't to bad. Might be worth considering investing in some case savers. Cracked engine case's are depressing as one of my friends found out. :crazy
If only they made case savers for my bike without buying the whole case

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yes the Thunderbolt, in the long left after the townhouses. My tires were Q3's. They were perfect until this crash. The stickers I actually have a whole stack of them, I started a FB page ATGATT a while back. I was going to start selling stickers so I had 100 made, then my son kinda slacked on programing the website then I slacked off and life got in the way
That transition from the decreasing radius turn (9) to the left (10) is the toughest part of the track for me.

I just bought some Q3s, so I'll keep that in mind.

You could probably sell a few of those stickers at the track days you attend.:devious I know I'd buy one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Any crash you can walk away from, isn't too bad, all things considered.

When your bike looks the way it does and your gear is only slightly scuffed, I'd say your first off was a good one!

Glad you're alright! Keep on charging!

·
Registered
234 Posts
man sorry to hear you went down but looks like it wasnt bad at all. glad you ok!

Reactions: Oldhead
1 - 20 of 24 Posts