Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I joined after college. It sometimes is awkward being so young but being in charge haha.
AH, a butter bar. Having yet to shave, and a degree saying you knew ALL.

Well, that might be official in the military. But I'm sure by now you have learned does work so well in real life. If not your wife, your children don't car about rank.
Give it another 4 years, you will have figured out Sgt's make most branch's run.
A lot like secretary's in the real world. The CEO has the title, his lady does most of the actual work.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I joined after college. It sometimes is awkward being so young but being in charge haha.
Hopefully you're a good sport about being put in your place, sir :bigthumb:

We had a very overzealous LT "commanding" our detachment in Afghanistan. He had lots of good ideas that would come to him during his once a week walk through the shop filled with E5 and below. He alienated himself but still tried to micromanage things all the way down to the E-3 level. Needless to say noone was going to jump on a grenade for the guy.

You have probably 200 years of service at your disposal between your NCO's, probably more. You learn a lot more by allowing them to run shit if you can keep your paperwork cleared enough to pay attention. You dont need to do an AAR after every training event. You dont need to counsel a private every time they screw up. And for god's sake dont act like you care if you dont, because anyone with more than 3 years TIS will see right through that BS.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Hopefully you're a good sport about being put in your place, sir :bigthumb:

We had a very overzealous LT "commanding" our detachment in Afghanistan. He had lots of good ideas that would come to him during his once a week walk through the shop filled with E5 and below. He alienated himself but still tried to micromanage things all the way down to the E-3 level. Needless to say noone was going to jump on a grenade for the guy.

You have probably 200 years of service at your disposal between your NCO's, probably more. You learn a lot more by allowing them to run shit if you can keep your paperwork cleared enough to pay attention. You dont need to do an AAR after every training event. You dont need to counsel a private every time they screw up. And for god's sake dont act like you care if you dont, because anyone with more than 3 years TIS will see right through that BS.

Agreed. I grew up with both my parents being enlisted... I get mentored a lot haha.

Reactions: RJ2112 and Schooley
61 - 65 of 65 Posts