Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any old guys ride ? I'm 57 and just wanting to start riding my 03 zx6rr again.....I'm in Valley Springs......
Jack

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
I'm not "OLD" like you guys.... I'm only 42

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
60 is but a memory, and I still ride. At the Barber MotorAmerica races ran into a fella who has a 30th Anniversary ZX6R and is 67.
How much of a memory ?
Sounds like between 60 and 67.

I have found 3 question marks equal a ???

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm 44 and considered a geezer around here.. I stll embarrass my daughter's when I pull up on one my bikes... But, her friends think I'm the coolest dad in the world... Go figure!!!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am 56 and love riding my ZX6R!! I also have a Ninja 1000 for long days in the saddle. I try to take good care of my health with a decent diet and regular exercise just so I can keep enjoying my motorcycles. A few of my friends and family think I am crazy.......well maybe I am, but I am enjoying life!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am 56 and love riding my ZX6R!! I also have a Ninja 1000 for long days in the saddle. I try to take good care of my health with a decent diet and regular exercise just so I can keep enjoying my motorcycles. A few of my friends and family think I am crazy.......well maybe I am, but I am enjoying life!
Keep it going johnmark101!!!!! I'm only 44 now but have a degenerative eye disease that was diagnosed last year. Stage 3 of 3. I'm already legally blind (can barely see the second row on the eye chart) and the Dr's have said I will be completely blind in 2 years at best.. So, I've started a bucket list..

Beat the land speed record in the 600cc class
Swim with sharks
Catch an alligator and wrangle him.
Since I have over 300 jumps in the military and in civilian life, I plan to jump without a chute while my videographer has it strapped to himself. Free fall for 20 to 30 seconds then strap my chute on. Secondly, want to jump with only my wing suit and land in cardboard boxes. Can be done, it was on the internet!! Lol
That's just a few.. We'll see How far I get.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The first 3, OK.
Don't think you will make it to number 5.

Really sucks about your eye sight, guessing your doing some training now to get prepared.
Changing careers I would guess, a good percentage really need some eye sight.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, I've been lucky by investing all my efforts in building up 3 companies.. But, I have had to hire some people to do my job. So, I am blessed in that sense.. I've also paid off all debts. Cars, home, 3 rental properties etc.. My girls, also, have the option to run the businesses when they finish college...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I've been lucky by investing all my efforts in building up 3 companies.. But, I have had to hire some people to do my job. So, I am blessed in that sense.. I've also paid off all debts. Cars, home, 3 rental properties etc.. My girls, also, have the option to run the businesses when they finish college...

Really sorry to learn that you are losing your vision. Kind of at a loss for words. However it sounds like you have done well in life for yourself and your daughters.

Best wishes......John.

Reactions: mikie86

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thank you. Means a lot. It just is what it is.. Not gonna cry about it, just move forward. Im not going to feel sorry for myself..
I raised 2 beautiful girls that are going ivy league schools. One is going to be a plastic surgeon and the other a pediatric neurosurgeon. I have always donated 5% of my profit to St judes children's hospital. Have a beautiful a supportive wife of 24 years (high school sweetheart).. Served my country for 10 years. I've done almost everything I can do with sight.. Now, I'm going to try everything I can do without sight. It's just the next step in my life.

So, really, what do I have to complain about. I'll adapt and overcome.. So, please don't feel sorry for me cause I won't..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

I'm in the 5th decade as well, and still enjoy riding. I've been lucky enough to ride with some of the members of this forum, and my sons. It's a great way to keep your kids wanting to hang out with you, and spend some quality time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm considering the new tesla.. I will actually drive for you, braking, steering, avoidance collision. Park itself in the garage.. And extremely fast off the line!!! Everything is voice automated...

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
I'm considering the new tesla.. I will actually drive for you, braking, steering, avoidance collision. Park itself in the garage.. And extremely fast off the line!!! Everything is voice automated...

Why dont u just use an uber from now on? Itll do all the same stuff but probably cost a lot cheaper....except for the extremely fast part.

·
Registered
236 Posts
C'mon, Uber??? Would you give up your freedom and independence??? I'm going to live my life same as before but may have to make some slight life mods.. Lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts