Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive recently bought myself a 30th anniversary 636 to replace (or not ;) ) my 03 zx6rr.

question i have is does anyone know how much of a ballache it would be to put the remus powercone i have on the 'rr on the new bike? reason im asking is because - and yes i may be being completely biased here - the rr makes theeeee best noise i have ever heard come out of a 600 bar none. i try to use both whenever i go for a ride, albeit the rr is always second and maybe only for 10/15 miles. cant help thinking how sweet the 636 would sound if i put the cone on it just dont want to start messing about straight away until i asked first.

if its going to involve too much fuckery then will be going for something that eliminates the pre chamber straight out of the box (m4, 2 bros etc.)

any advice will be greatly appreciated

cheers

mac

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but M4 on the 636 any day of the week :devious
Ha yea I kinda knew just thought i would get someone to tell me to spend my money rather than wondering whether i should!

2-3 weeks delivery though as am uk based which is a bit shit.

before i order it, do you think there would be any difference in sound between the black and titanium versions? cos if im gona go for it, im going for it proper

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ha yea I kinda knew just thought i would get someone to tell me to spend my money rather than wondering whether i should!

2-3 weeks delivery though as am uk based which is a bit shit.

before i order it, do you think there would be any difference in sound between the black and titanium versions? cos if im gona go for it, im going for it proper
I don't really think there's a difference in sound. I've heard both and to my ears they're just about identical. I like the sound of the m4 with the insert removed. It gives it a deeper growl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really think there's a difference in sound. I've heard both and to my ears they're just about identical. I like the sound of the m4 with the insert removed. It gives it a deeper growl
so is it pretty much accepted that m4 is the best option? because ive heard a lot of good stuff about the 2bros black series...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M4 arrived in the week along with motodynamic integrated tail light bike looks absolutely amazing. Nothing compared to how it sounds though I cannot believe the noise it makes! Its obscene!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good man.
Interested to hear a clip of how it sounds and what the 05-06 equivalent would be.
Cheers bud, just need a smaller plate now to finish it off. If youre on instagram search for @the_name_is_mac ive put a couple of vids on there.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
mac ,i got a j2 zx6r 01 ,i have fitted a b1h 04 header,i managed to make a scorpion powercone fit direct to the outlet by the sump sounds good and looks good is that the info you mean ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mac ,i got a j2 zx6r 01 ,i have fitted a b1h 04 header,i managed to make a scorpion powercone fit direct to the outlet by the sump sounds good and looks good is that the info you mean ?
hi mate,

really not sure how i missed this but i did, so apologies! i currently have an o3 zx6rr and a 30th anni 636. got a remus powercone on the rr and an m4 gp on the 30th. i do really fancy trying to swap them over but not sure if it will work. is it just down to fitting sizes or are there any real reasons i shouldnt do it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts