Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
So long as the oil pan is oriented the same as it is on a bike..... shouldn't need anything else.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So long as the oil pan is oriented the same as it is on a bike..... shouldn't need anything else.
The sump may need baffling to keep oil near the pump pickup during cornering loads. Aside from keeping the pickup submerged in oil I don't think anything would need to be modified.

Mark

·
Registered
13,293 Posts
Lateral gee is likely greater, these things can get sufficient oil in extended wheelies..... surely that's a greater concern for pick up starvation.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lateral gee is likely greater, these things can get sufficient oil in extended wheelies..... surely that's a greater concern for pick up starvation.....
Bikes see virtually zero side loads and are not designed to deal with them at all. I agree a long wheelie is also a problem for keeping oil pressure. Which one is worse would depend on the shape of the sump around the pump pick up.

Mark

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Bikes see virtually zero side loads and are not designed to deal with them at all. I agree a long wheelie is also a problem for keeping oil pressure. Which one is worse would depend on the shape of the sump around the pump pick up.

Mark
The duration of a substantial corner that laterally displaces oil is not likely to be as long as your local stunt boi's highway wheelie; It's likely this "racecar" wont need any oil modifications whatsoever. People put these engines in go-carts all the time. It's more than likely going to be a failure of the chassis/mounting before an oil pressure failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts