Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, on a previous bike (YZF600) I could use a Mazda 626 oil filter in place of the factory yammy filter and would save myself $10-$15 in the process.

Does anyone know of a car filter that will fit an 04 - 636? The local kawa stealer is charding $20 a filter (yeesh)!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers....

Sadly, no Fram and no Wal-Mart in the land of oz :coocoo

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not too sure if they'll still be competitive w/the shipping charges and all, but if you're looking for OEM parts in the states www.ronayers.com cannot be beat. Stupid low pricing on eveything OEM....

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Fram - cardboard endcaps fram filters? Fram with less filtering material and surface area? :eek

Josh, do you know what the blow off pressures were between the Mazda 626 and the YZF600 filters were? The first thing I'd be doing when trying a non standard oil filter is checking the blow off pressure of the bypass valve. (If it's an external cartridge type or did they take an internal type?)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Buy A Kwaka Part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pay the money for the oem or better and go without lunch for a few days or something. Maybe even look them up online and buy them in bulk. I can't think of anything that the 12 dollars (used the exchange rate) saved could buy me. 12 dollars for piece of mind is a good rate lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was using a Mobil1 M-110 oil filter on my 2003 YZF600R when I had it. And found out that my 2005 ZX-6R uses the same filter ;) Not sure on the 03'04 tho but I bet its the same.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Josh, do you know what the blow off pressures were between the Mazda 626 and the YZF600 filters were? The first thing I'd be doing when trying a non standard oil filter is checking the blow off pressure of the bypass valve. (If it's an external cartridge type or did they take an internal type?)
The filters were standard screw on's, as for the pressures.....I've got no idea :O

1 - 14 of 14 Posts