Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a comparison of the stock 09 ZX6R damper, I revalved it with parts from Dan Kyle and a Chinese damper i bought off eBay for $40.00.
The stock 09 ZX6R damper is useless, therefore the Chinese damper wins.
The revaled Ohlins damper is better than the Chinese.
The finish is flawless on the Ohlins while is Chinese has a few pits and blemishes.
Overall stiffness, the ohlins goes stiffer but not by much. With the ohlins turned towards full tight and then backed out 3/4 of a turn, that would match the full stiffness of the Chinese. With that much resistance on the Chinese damper I would use it on my race bike. Not saying I am going to use it. The Chinese damper would be reasonable for street use. It would mount the same as the Ohlins and have enough adjustability. Both dampers adjust light enough so you can't even tell they are on.
Ohlins parts can be purchased if needed. The Chinese Damper would be dropped in a garbage can if it needed repair.
I will post a photo late. The Chinese damper looks like a hyperpro.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
This is a comparison of the stock 09 ZX6R damper, I revalved it with parts from Dan Kyle and a Chinese damper i bought off eBay for $40.00.
The stock 09 ZX6R damper is useless, therefore the Chinese damper wins.
The revaled Ohlins damper is better than the Chinese.
The finish is flawless on the Ohlins while is Chinese has a few pits and blemishes.
Overall stiffness, the ohlins goes stiffer but not by much. With the ohlins turned towards full tight and then backed out 3/4 of a turn, that would match the full stiffness of the Chinese. With that much resistance on the Chinese damper I would use it on my race bike. Not saying I am going to use it. The Chinese damper would be reasonable for street use. It would mount the same as the Ohlins and have enough adjustability. Both dampers adjust light enough so you can't even tell they are on.
Ohlins parts can be purchased if needed. The Chinese Damper would be dropped in a garbage can if it needed repair.
I will post a photo late. The Chinese damper looks like a hyperpro.
Parts list - cost?
Tools needed?
Pics?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you mean for the ohlins?
Call Dan Kyle tell him what your doing and he will mail you the parts. $20.00.
All the tools you need will definetly be in your tool box. The manual
Is on the Internet. I will post a link tomorrow.
Except maybe a long thin pair of needle nose pliers to turn the valve out.
Hardest part was reinstall the little bearing so it clicks when your adjust the damper. I never put the back in. It has worked fine like that since 2009.
Also it took forever to bleed all the air out. Tapping it on a wood bench eventually got all the air out.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
when it comes to something like this i would avoid cheap chinese parts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the damper is for looks and improving the appearance of the bike, you would be buying Ohlins. The finish on them is flawless.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't see any practical use for a damper on the street aside from looks.
Well, it also proves you are fast just like chicken strips, worn knee sliders, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
If the damper is for looks & Performance....... you would be buying Ohlins. The finish on them is flawless. If the damper is for improving the appearance of the bike you would park it and chrome everything out and sell your motorcycle license
I agree :devious

Reactions: Enrosabil

·
Registered
865 Posts
it doesn't really prove anything relative to speed or ability. Just like chicken strips.
A lot less playing along in this forum than I thought. Maybe it's too early.

·
Registered
865 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts