Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I bought a used zx10r damper that came off a factory bike. I would like to have it rebuilt. I’ve look at at Kyle racing and it’s about 100 bucks (shipping etc). RaceTech will do the same but for 160-180 depending on shipping. My question to you all, is why such a big price difference? I want it done right and don’t mind paying more I just curious as to why the price gap is so much and I am looking for insight.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Hey gang, I bought a used zx10r damper that came off a factory bike. I would like to have it rebuilt. I’ve look at at Kyle racing and it’s about 100 bucks (shipping etc). RaceTech will do the same but for 160-180 depending on shipping. My question to you all, is why such a big price difference? I want it done right and don’t mind paying more I just curious as to why the price gap is so much and I am looking for insight.
I live close by Kyle Racing and regularly buy parts from them. Mike knows Öhlins inside out and does the rebuilds, installs and suspension tuning, including revalves. I would choose Kyle Racing any day over race tech as I find their customer support a little lacking and taking days to reply to questions if at all. You should contact them if you want more info and aren't sure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got a call from Kyle Racing yesterday, apparently my shaft in the damper has some scaring. The concern was that if they went with the rebuild that the shaft might cause some leakage. Cool. So I ask what are some next steps to take with the shaft being that way. KR said it could be replaced. Awesome, how much ?..."we will tell you after we order it and get it installed"....wait whhhat? I am crossing my fingers that I am not getting owned.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
So I got a call from Kyle Racing yesterday, apparently my shaft in the damper has some scaring. The concern was that if they went with the rebuild that the shaft might cause some leakage. Cool. So I ask what are some next steps to take with the shaft being that way. KR said it could be replaced. Awesome, how much ?..."we will tell you after we order it and get it installed"....wait whhhat? I am crossing my fingers that I am not getting owned.
I'm at Laguna and Kyle Racing ( Mike ) is here. I can ask if you want lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts