Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, looking for some insight on this rear seat cowl I am interested in buying off the FB marketplace. I tried searching/googling some pictures of confirmed OEM cowls, but could not find pictures of the underside.

The seller says it is OEM, and I am sure I will be able to tell once I see it in person. He has it listed for a great price, but it is a bit of a drive for me. I want to make sure that it is in fact an OEM part first, before I make the drive.

I attached some pictures, if anyone can confirm that this does or does not look like an OEM part, it will be greatly appreciated.

edit: spelling

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try searching youtube. Looks slightly different in my opinion. Looks to be missing the center metal bracket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try searching youtube. Looks slightly different in my opinion. Looks to be missing the center metal bracket.
I wound up finding something on youtube (I was in a rush and away from my pc earlier when posting this) because it was a great deal I didn't want someone else to grab it.

It is definitely missing a metal bracket, and the OEM seat cowls are almost fully painted on the rear sides.

For anyone else who may search this topic, and being that the 2nd hand market is flooded with Amazon no-named seat cowls... Here is a picture of the underside of an OEM cowl for 2009 - 2018 zx6r (screen grabbed from youtube vid, so poor quality) There is also a rubber bushing (not shown in picture below) that slips on the narrow end of the bracket.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Definitely NOT an OEM part the guy was selling. Mine looks identical to your YouTube screenshot. Will post a pic up in a few hours once I get home.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm home now...here's the pics. 100% that one you saw advertised isn't OEM.
Mine is a genuine OEM from the Kawasaki dealer where I bought my bike. Ridiculously expensive I remember but never mind.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses

If I didn’t already have one I would probably buy this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually grabbed a brand new in box from japan cowl + hardware for 80$ shipped, off ebay it will be here tomorrow. The one you posted is a great deal too, and I would have bought that one if I saw it! Either way, I am glad I found a great price for an OEM piece and even happier I didn't pull the trigger on that Amazon one posted on Facebook... The seller insisted it was OEM lmao. I heard the no name cowls sometimes go flying off while riding!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the responses

I actually grabbed a brand new in box from japan cowl + hardware for 80$ shipped, off ebay it will be here tomorrow. The one you posted is a great deal too, and I would have bought that one if I saw it! Either way, I am glad I found a great price for an OEM piece and even happier I didn't pull the trigger on that Amazon one posted on Facebook... The seller insisted it was OEM lmao. I heard the no name cowls sometimes go flying off while riding!
They definitely fly off...I’ve seen it happen and when you’re behind that guy it’s no bueno! Congrats man enjoy the solo seat look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts