Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well darlings, it's that time again. Time for your lazy asses to tape up your headlights and hit the track. Myself, MasterTurkey, a few other ZX6R folks, and his Nor Cal friends with Pacific Track Time are going to be taking over Buttonwillow on Oct 11th and 12th for back to back track days. Now, normally it would take quite a bit for me to stray from my beloved Let's Ride Trackdays but since they are doing primarily weekdays for the rest of the season that leaves me feeling abandoned and desperate for a fix. So here we go!

Looks like we will be camping (since I'm not driving my happy ass back and forth 45 minutes), which means there will be s'MORES. At least... if I have anything to say about it there will be. So anyway...

B group is sold out with a wait list but there are still spots in C and A group. Come out and ride with us! And this means you Alex! :p :D :2fingerlol:

pacifictracktime | pacifictracktime

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I will be there. Gotta take down the ol camping equipment and double check things. Air mattress cus I'm a princess. Etc. lol. I'll bring a small BBQ too. Charcoal. Gas if I can fit it. I'll bring *some* extra food, but if y'all wanna bring meat or chicken, or veggies to grill, you're welcome to use my grill so long as I get to cook my stuff first.

I'll be in A group, would have done B (even though I hated B last track day) due to a new to me track, but I usually get the track down within a couple sessions any hows. Book now though as it may fill up fast due to the cheap two day package (198 for weekend, 140 for one day)...

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dig it. I'm bringin' my own icechest and grill so we should be okay. Since MT is not doing beer, I will bring some of the local brew for whoever ELSE wants to partake. But I'm only bringing a growler. This is a track day weekend, people, not a kegger! :p :) :D

The weather down here is usually still a little warm but I would expect highs in the 90s and lows at night to be pretty tolerable for sleeping. For those who have never been to Buttonwillow there aren't any private showers but there are outdoor showers on the other side of the bathrooms.

The track was recently repaved so it should be a good time. If ya can't hack it camping, there are motels a few miles up the road in Buttonwillow, just off of the 5. Otherwise, it should be a fantastic time.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Haha sorry I've "taken a break" from facespace unfortunately with ex wife's complicated (***stupid***)/family there was always drama on there. So I just deactivated for a bit and took a break.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
OMG you are way too funny. :) Everyone knows you are the fastest there is. That is a understatement. :)
Thanks for the compliment but I've never ridden with the big boys/girls in group A. I'm sure I won't be the slowest in that group but it's going to take a while for me to get up to pace. Buttonwillow was where I did my first trackday but I've never been back.

Are you looking to join us? We can car pool.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I waaaas gona go but then I realized my yearly insurance is due the same time, gotta sit this one out and pay the bills. Damn good deal considering Fontana is $250 for one day.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
2 hours. Psssshhhh. It's gonna take me 5 hours, at least.

Which reminds me, MoM - is it possible me and Jason (FaceSpace metal head) can crash at your place Friday night? And is there space to unload and store a bike in your garage??

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I just might do a cross county road trip for this track day weekend with a buddy of mine. I know he's definitely going for sure.

Also my buddy is Scott Diamond from Moto-D Racing. He'll have a table set up with items to purchase ranging from undersuits, tire warmers, oil filler caps, oil drain plugs, stands, spools, helmet case and a few more items as well.... Who ever going check him out.

I hope I can make it out there myself and might some of you guys and gals....

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahahaha I think hes referring to a different Jason. But honestly I have no idea what my living situation will be by then. But once I get it sorted, I will let you know.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts