Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Here is my last session of the day from this past Sunday. I am still riding with white group as this is only my 5th track day ever and only my second day at NYST, but I think I held my own.

Fast forward to the 2 min mark to skip my warm up lap. Also, in lap 4 coming over that crest, what you dont see is Coach Rick on his Panigale almost lose the rear of the bike. We all slow up substantially and they he waves us ahead as he sorts the fudge dragon in his pants.

6-9-2013 NYST Last Session - YouTube

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good man! That's a nice but weird track... lol.
Thanks dude!

It is a very challenging track, but a ton of fun once you figure it out. Lots of double apex corners with reverse camber, tons of elevation changes, blind turns...its nuts!

I was laying down average lap times of around 1.55 to 1.58 most of the weekend. The guys that I spoke to in blue group (highest level) were averaging high 1.40's so I felt pretty good about that.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Very nice. You're definitely at the top end of that group. Pretty smooth, decent lines on the gas through the turn :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks for the video! Very smooth riding. They finally put some kind of curbing/lines on the track! This was my main reason for not going there. I didn't feel comfortable with all of those blind turns with the changing elevation and no indicators on the track to tell you what's what. It looks much better! I guess I will be making the haul up there next month.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Thanks for the video! Very smooth riding. They finally put some kind of curbing/lines on the track! This was my main reason for not going there. I didn't feel comfortable with all of those blind turns with the changing elevation and no indicators on the track to tell you what's what. It looks much better! I guess I will be making the haul up there next month.
DMV car pool :devious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts