Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been meaning to get up to Bear Mountain for three years now and finally made it happen today. Nice ride up there on the Palisades Parkway, albeit a little cold, and once we got to the mountain the view was great! I included a pic of myself from the top below.

Once up top there were dozens of bikers with a variety of different bikes ranging from old school cafe racers, to sport bikes, to hogs, to cruisers, etc. We ended up chatting with a local dude "Windy" who had a refurbished 1980's Suzuki and made his own carbon fiber parts. Real nice guy, and he suggested that if we wanted a good road to carve up, to go check out Rt 106. His advice didn't fall on deaf ears and we ended up hitting that piece of roadway 4 or 5 times before finally gassing up and heading home. Really fun twisty road where you can hang off the bike as well as take in some nice scenery.

I will definitely be going back up that way soon and recommend it to any of you guys who are in the area.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Been up there a few times myself but never hit 106. Instead of going up the Palisades, you should ride 9 and 9a. You will hit it right off the Sprain & Taconic. Nice twisties b4 u get up towards the mountain. I live in Croton so i'm always on 9 & 9a.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been up there a few times myself but never hit 106. Instead of going up the Palisades, you should ride 9 and 9a. You will hit it right off the Sprain & Taconic. Nice twisties b4 u get up towards the mountain. I live in Croton so i'm always on 9 & 9a.
Yea, 9 and 9A are pretty fun roads too. Next time you're up there, def hit 106. When you come back down from the top of the mountain, make that sharp right hand turn at the bottom back onto the main road. Follow that road through 3 traffic circles and on the third one you will see the turn onto 106.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yea I think I was going wit yall but one of yall forgot to hit me up. Jwhiteboy lol its all good hit me a holla when yall go for a long ride I live in the area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts