Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody here has a Note 4 and has found a mount that can hold it. I've looked briefly but haven't found anything yet and it would be very useful to use as a gps occasionally. I've seen a few specifically for the iPhone 6 plus though. Seems like the phone may be to big for most mounts but I'm hoping someone on here has one mounted. Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ram mount is the way to go. Use it for my note 3 and never have an issue
Do you know which one you used exactly? I saw a few on Revzilla but there was one that had a problem with the rubber feet coming off and I don't want to lose my phone. If you could provide me with a link to the one you got, I'd really appreciate it. Is it just the universal mount? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used a RAM mount with xgrip for my note 3 for about a month or two at the most and lost my phone on a bump on a freeway onramp. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a RAM mount with xgrip for my note 3 for about a month or two at the most and lost my phone on a bump on a freeway onramp. Just food for thought.
This is what I'm afraid of. It's definitely not worth losing my phone just so I can see where I'm at. Can anybody recommend a gps then? I thought about getting one but I don't want to pay a crazy amount.

·
Registered
332 Posts
How bout attaching your phone to the mount with a cord...just in case it does fall off?
How would you attach a cord to the phone? There really isn't anything for it to hook onto... just curious.

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
If u have a cover drill a small hole thru it and put some fishing wire thru it.
Or maybe tie it around the phone tightly??

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ram X-Grip, but in your case you can always look into the bigger X-grip versions. I can't remember the part number, but I ordered the bigger version by mistake at first. Almost too big for my S5 but fit the Note3 great and a coworker ended up buying it. Either way, Ram's website has all the different sizes and recommended measurements. I will say that I feel like my phone isnt going ANYWHERE once its in place. I have it to where its centered and over my damper. I've hit it numerous times with my chin mounted gopro in a tuck and hasn't budged.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the note 4 and was also having trouble deciding if I wanted to buy a mount. I settled on zip tying my otter box clip to my triple with two ties and then just clipped my phone in with the screen facing me. After the trip I just cut the ties off :coocoo. The only problem I had was during higher lean angles my gps would rotate :laugh

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do you know which one you used exactly? I saw a few on Revzilla but there was one that had a problem with the rubber feet coming off and I don't want to lose my phone. If you could provide me with a link to the one you got, I'd really appreciate it. Is it just the universal mount? Thanks for the help.
It's universal. There is the fork stem, the middle bridge piece (goes between the stem and the x mount), and the X mount (which is made in numerous sizes I believe). I've never had an issue with it and I'd recommend it to anyone!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Danger (this has already been covered, but):

I have a note 4 also and contacted Ram directly. They were very clear that the x mount needed for the note 4 might NOT hold it snugly! They recommended using a secondary restraint to hold the phone in case it pops out, which is apparently likely.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Moto-D Racing Sportbike Camera Mount can be used for all sorts of devices, such as Go-Pro, Iphone & Andriod phones, GPS, Laptimers and etc. Don't be limited to just using one device with other brands.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I was looking at the MotoD website and it states that it will not fit a ZX6R/ZX10R that has a steering damper.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Moto-D Racing Sportbike Camera Mount can be used for all sorts of devices, such as Go-Pro, Iphone & Andriod phones, GPS, Laptimers and etc. Don't be limited to just using one device with other brands.

While that is aesthetically pleasing, it takes up too much real estate in front of the cluster (at least from what I can see from the pictures). The RAM mount can be used with other items too with different ball adapters. For example I have one for my gopro. Not to mention I can tuck my phone down by the tank to keep it out of the way/sight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts