Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first bike last year and loved it. I have an 05 zzr600. This is where I'm not sure if I should be here or not :O The owners manual says ZX6R on it but the bike is a zzr600. I'm confused.

At the end of the summer we were taking the bike to our garage to store it for the winter and I was in a car behind my boyfriend, another car pulled out to get in front of me and says he didn't see my boyfriend, hit him and wrecked our bike. It's still rideable but we need to replace a few things. I'm just here for ideas and help on getting it how we want it. I figure if I'm going to spend a couple thousand I may as well get the bike how I want it since I never liked the blue anyway.

Sorry if my bike won't fit in here! If it does then hello everyone!

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
hahah not to worry, My Bike is an 07 ZZR, as you can see I've also got 16,000 + post.
We fit in.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Your 05 ZZR600 is really just an 2001 ZX6R with new stickers on it.
Kawasaki rebadged & reintroduced it in 05 as a sports tourer, But it's still a 6R at hart.
I even pulled the ZZR stickers off mine & put ZX6R on it.
Still get people asking "what is it", "what size is it"?

Trust me, It did look like your bike at one time, For about 15 minutes..

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine...as long as you're ok with taking some crap now and then, putting up with some stupid people now and then, that kind of thing, you'll be fine :bigthumb:

We welcome all people, except the idiots.
Oh, let's be honest even some idiots make it just fine around here :sigh:

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
NO OND....we just "tolerate" you :laugh

Soifon....ur bike is "technically" a ZX-6R minus the bird cage :)
Yeah & I'm a pretty good decal costumer.:sigh:

You put them mirrors on yet?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Begone foul heretic!

lol just kidding ... some people on here don't even own Kawi's. If you want some motorcycle chat, this is a pretty good place.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
What is the "bird cage" I keep seeing reference to?
The old faring stay, clock mount bracket. Pull up some pics of 2000-2002 6R's.

Reactions: Brandon35

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone!! Oldninjadude, that looks really nice! I can't wait to get mine fixed. Hope it looks as good. I never liked the dark blue color of it anyway so I'm excited to change it. It doesn't look horrible but it needs work. It was such a nice bike before this happened too. We bought it from a friend who got it brand new, broke it in then never rode it. It has 2.5k miles on it. I'll get pics up once I have a real break at work haha.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Welcome out!

Where abouts in PA are ya from?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome.

Hope you get the bike back up and running soon.

You're in he right place for info. And OldNinjaDude knows his shit too :)

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
emm shit, emm stinky. thats all you need to know.

Reactions: lowcel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in Lancaster. Here is my bike...and my boys...lol sorry I don't have a pic of the bike by itself. We still haven't pulled it from the garage yet.

The fairings need replaced because they are so scratched up. The mirror was taken off and the turn signal popped out. We want to get new mirrors that have the turn signal in them. And I don't know what that circular thing is :crazy but it's scratched up too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts