Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought the helmet for cheap, 'cause I was sick of my all-black one. I wanted some color, etc.

But skulls really aren't my thing. A little bit cheesy, really. So I figured I'd lighten up the image with some "heart-eyes" :coocoo Now I'm not really sure... Oh well :O

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Was this a custom helmet? How well do u know the guy who made it?
Be aware of people who take crash damaged helmets on the cheap, and sand and repair damage (only covering it up) paint custom design.

U may have a piece of art, rather than a serious piece of head protection.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha no. It was brand new, just cheap (masei). The skull had red glowing eyes. I changed them with a little DIY.. ingenuity.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Masei makes "universal" brake discs for $11.99 also, so you know it has to be top quality stuff...........

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Yeah, beyond the fact that I wouldn't wear it because of how it looks, I also wouldn't wear it because I actually care about my head :O

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
$10 head, $10 helmet~ I am just fucking with you OP.... but sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and helmets is not a place I would skimp

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Unfortunately, it's all I have at the moment :rant
..................... from original post:
'cause I was sick of my all-black one
what happened to that one? :O

Also, there's still a clear and simple correct answer to your problem even if that is currently your only helmet: DON'T RIDE UNTIL YOU GET A NEW ONE :bigthumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The black helmet is too small. I bought it when I got my first bike. I couldn't get shit for advice other than "whatever you think fits/feels fine", so I picked that one. It's a Bilt DOT approved, was $50, and is size small (which is uncomfortable). This masei was $50, medium, and also DOT approved. So I figured it couldn't be worse.

From what I can tell and researched, if it's DOT approved then everything else you are paying for is cosmetic or some other luxury/feature.

If this masei really isn't DOT approved, then I've been basically riding around with just a ordainment on my head :dowhat

Edit: Meh. I think I might just bite the bullet on a FG-17 X-Fuera MC-1 in red..

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Go to google images and search for Masei helmet. You will notice most of their helmets are just made for looks.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
The black helmet is too small. I bought it when I got my first bike. I couldn't get shit for advice other than "whatever you think fits/feels fine", so I picked that one. It's a Bilt DOT approved, was $50, and is size small (which is uncomfortable). This masei was $50, medium, and also DOT approved. So I figured it couldn't be worse.

From what I can tell and researched, if it's DOT approved then everything else you are paying for is cosmetic or some other luxury/feature.

If this masei really isn't DOT approved, then I've been basically riding around with just a ordainment on my head :dowhat

Edit: Meh. I think I might just bite the bullet on a FG-17 X-Fuera MC-1 in red..
Wow! I'd be incredibly surprised if many of them are actually DOT certified...I've been wrong before tho :O

·
Registered
85 Posts

I've got an FG-17 and I love it. For the price, I think it's one of the best helmets on the market, far better than anything else in it's price range, IMO. Can't go wrong with it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts