Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last trackday I was experiencing a nose dive at high rpms. Almost throws me over the handle bars. At first I was thinking some kind of fuel issue. Bad gas or dirty strainer. Today I realized it's only when Im wide open throttle. Even when Im at the low end of a gear I can crack it full open and it does it. I backed off and only use 85% or so (didnt turn the throttle til it stopped) and it didnt happen one time when I did that. TPS? anyone heard of something like this? Its not an electrical issue (I think) since its not just cutting out, its almost like a massive engine break in the middle of trying to get on it.
thanks. Sorry I ask a damn question every week

·
Registered
864 Posts
it sounds like it would almost have to be the tps acting up. since you dont have any other issue going on.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Last trackday I was experiencing a nose dive at high rpms. Almost throws me over the handle bars. At first I was thinking some kind of fuel issue. Bad gas or dirty strainer. Today I realized it's only when Im wide open throttle. Even when Im at the low end of a gear I can crack it full open and it does it. I backed off and only use 85% or so (didnt turn the throttle til it stopped) and it didnt happen one time when I did that. TPS? anyone heard of something like this? Its not an electrical issue (I think) since its not just cutting out, its almost like a massive engine break in the middle of trying to get on it.
thanks. Sorry I ask a damn question every week

What mods have you done this week to may have caused this?

edit: DMM is a digital mulitmeter used on the backside of the connecter I believe for testing.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
ever run it on a dyno, my bike use to fall on its face at wot. we found a really lean spot to a rich spot. tuned it and now no problem..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL My boyfriend is the Dunlop Race Tire vendor for our region .. Im Ms. Dunlop ;)

Bazzaz hasn't been installed yet. Bike was cutting out and I had to replace the wiring harness (connector to the ecu was screwed up). You could put your finger on the wire and it would idle correctly. THAT cutting out issue stopped but now I have the diving issue. Every time I get one thing fixed something else goes wrong =(
There's a race next weekend at a horsepower track so Ill be screwed if I don't figure this out. Was just curious if anyone was familiar before I spend a shit ton of money replacing this that aren't necessary.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so after picking some brains Ive been told there is a way to reset the TPS or adjust it. Ive done a search on here but find nothing. Anyone familiar with doing this?
thank you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently I'm talking to myself here but figured I would post in case anyone else has the same problem. Looks like it turned out to be the fuel line just barely pinched. Under load/ wide open throttle it wasn't getting enough fuel.. thus nose diving

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Apparently I'm talking to myself here but figured I would post in case anyone else has the same problem. Looks like it turned out to be the fuel line just barely pinched. Under load/ wide open throttle it wasn't getting enough fuel.. thus nose diving
Glad you found it out. That was going to be my guess is a lack of food at WOT. Had the same kind of issue on this smaller Holley carb on my Chevy. Jets weren't squirtin right at WOT and would backfire and lose all power.

:bigthumb:

Reactions: BossLady

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
You can donate a few sets of NTEC's to use for listening and helping in a small way. I'll give you my address.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Well at least it's figured out in case the next person has that question!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts