Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking for some people to ride with some time. I don't have a whole lot of people close that do. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
12,923 Posts
I am just looking for some people to ride with some time. I don't have a whole lot of people close that do. Let me know if your interested.
I dearly wish I was still out that way..... used to work in Hillsboro, and lived North out near Rainier, north of Scapoose well above Hwy 30. the Columbia hills were a pretty good area to ride, if you didn't mind going around all the people on bicycles.

Anything with the name 'skyline' is automatically a good road for a motorcycle.......

We have a few members in that neck of the woods.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I took the back roads to Eugene the other day then some more over to Florence and then went up North on the coastline and then back over it was a beautiful ride

·
Registered
12,923 Posts
I have relatives all through that area. Sweet Home and Detroit make for some pretty good destinations, not too far from Eugene. All those paved logging roads with no one on them(!).

I used to ride in the Tillamook area (find Hebo RADAR station, and go visit), as well as around Astoria. There's an Elk preserve just about dead center between Astoria and Scappoose, where the herds summer over. Amazing to see many hundreds of Elk, in the same place..... and they will completely ignore people. Really neat to see.

I do miss the area.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have relatives all through that area. Sweet Home and Detroit make for some pretty good destinations, not too far from Eugene. All those paved logging roads with no one on them(!).

I used to ride in the Tillamook area (find Hebo RADAR station, and go visit), as well as around Astoria. There's an Elk preserve just about dead center between Astoria and Scappoose, where the herds summer over. Amazing to see many hundreds of Elk, in the same place..... and they will completely ignore people. Really neat to see.

I do miss the area.
Stop at the cheese factory?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm surprised no one has dropped in saying they are around here yet! There is a ton of riders on here...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I live in the Hiilsboro Beaverton area. I used to ride street quiet a bit before tasting the joy of track days and racing. pnwmoto / pnwriders forums / the same groups on Facebook have ton of rides going on!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm out east of portland in the gresham / troutdale area. I usually take a couple rides out to astoria during the season, but mostly stick to the east side over Mount Hood and down to Hood River. Always cool to meet up with some riders along the way! And yes, pnwmoto.com would be the site to use for info on group rides, bike nights, track days etc. It was pnwriders.com forever but everyone jumped ship when they changed the format. I am late on the switch though and still haven't signed up with pnwmoto.com.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will check it out. It seems like most of anyone close is up in Portland area not that it's horribly far but a hour ride is tiring especially when you're just going straight on I-5 for an hour. But I still would be down for rides if anyone sees this and wants to meet up.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Throw the bike in a truck and drive that hour. I could ride an hour on a straight road but I don't want to. I want to ride the twisties ONLY. That's how I roll.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Work tomorrow at 6 p.m. for me (Big Boy 12 hr shifts ) , Ortega Hwy is a trek for me. 120 miles or something to the front door. It will have to be a bit closer to ride a canyon. Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm out east of portland in the gresham / troutdale area. I usually take a couple rides out to astoria during the season, but mostly stick to the east side over Mount Hood and down to Hood River. Always cool to meet up with some riders along the way! And yes, pnwmoto.com would be the site to use for info on group rides, bike nights, track days etc. It was pnwriders.com forever but everyone jumped ship when they changed the format. I am late on the switch though and still haven't signed up with pnwmoto.com.
thanks for the suggestion I meet some people through the forum and have gone on some sweet rides. Now I actually have some people I know who ride good suggestion.

·
Registered
622 Posts
thanks for the suggestion I meet some people through the forum and have gone on some sweet rides. Now I actually have some people I know who ride good suggestion.
Nice! Yeah there's some cool people on the forum and always a group ride to be found. Glad you found some good riding buddies! I need to get out to some new roads myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts