Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

It's a bit new for me this, used to modify and run nissan 200sx's for a long while then got dragged to the bike side. Car was often off the road and expensive so I sold it for 5k and plunged as much as I needed into biking. I passed my test 5 weeks ago and I did it from cbt to DAS and pass within 2 weeks.

I..er...bought all my leathers and the bike in advance of this however in jan/feb:devious After a lot of looking around I bought a 2001 J2 zx6r in blue - it's fantastic. As soon as I passed my test I was out on it and I couldnt believe how silky smooth it was. I have already done 1900 miles on the thing and now facing the major 15,000 mile service. I'm also already well used to the power and concentrating on quicker corner speeds and needing a good trackday in the near future. Biking is unbelievable value for money and the best thing I ever did was sell the car.

Can I just say though - what is with the price for bike parts? Fairings, exhausts and accessories are ridiculously priced, I'm staggered - at the cost I have seen parts I'm not even interested in an exhaust anymore, that is one area where cars seem to be much cheaper!

I'm based in the NW UK and always lookin for rides out, tips and places to get parts etc.

Hopin this forum is of good help and full of happy bikers!:rotfl

·
Registered
83 Posts
welcome to forums
im new as well and also into doing up cars(rx7)
yeah iv been looking for ages for bike parts and they more expencive than car bits at times.

iv not passed my test yet but doing the diret access on the 18th june bu tti did pass my theory on sat there

only bikes iv been on are motocross pnes so im expecting alot of changes to riding lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Welcome out, matt_j!
Great choice of bike I must say!
Im glad to see you are in love with it.
Keep an eye on ebay, it is your friend.
some things are a bit pricey, but keep a watch for stuff.
I just got in my Sportech blue chrome windscreen in the mail
off ebay for $35.00 (reg $84.95!):devious
I also got my Yoshi oval bolt-on new off there cheap also.

Post up a pic or two when you get a chance.
Its good to have ya here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up a full micron header back Serpent, carbonfiber ehxaust off ebay for 338 bucks shipped, its a 1300 dollar exhaust... I also work at kawasaki... parts are deffinatly highly marked up usually up 50 % at least, tires are the worst even for cars, a retail on the pilot power is like 230 bucks, and i can get htem for 120 i picked up my RK chain at work with steel sprockets for 130 bucks that all retailed for 300...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi i'm a newbie zx6r owner as well, bought myself a 2000 zx6r yesterday still waiting to have a play on her as i have just had an operation on my head and cant get my helmet on , like having a new car outside and not being able to drive it cause ya cant get your shoe on!!!:laugh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I shall endeavour to get some pics up asap but away on business all this week and the wether is glorious! Can't believe the next opportunity to ride is only this weekend! To anyone not in the UK it's a bit hit and miss over here as to whether you get a full days sunshine!

I will keep my eye on ebay although it does seem that slip on cans develop nothing but a different noise from the exhaust when I do actually want gains to match - I have only spotted akraprovik systems for around £900 that seem to offer good power increases! You pay for what you get I suppose!

Update you all soon:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
That is a swwet looking ride, you are gonna love it, the noise, power, everything! Looks like the best bike in the showroom! Remember when i got mine boy its amazing.

·
Registered
604 Posts
:rockon: I agree

1 - 20 of 22 Posts