Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a utility trailer with an expanded steel mesh gate/ramp on it. It's fine when dry but the gate becomes really slippery when it gets wet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-slip costing I could apply to it? I have considered Linex but the dealer who did my truck said they only have what I got in the track bed. Might be good but I would like something more aggressive. Plus it's $6.50 a square ft.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Bolt a board to the ramp, and cover that with the adhesive tread blocks they use on stairs. Doesn't have to be all that thick -- you might be able to find a strip of steel or aluminum instead....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying to avoid putting a solid material on the gate. It already kills the gas mileage on the truck pulling it on the interstate. I may just try bed liner and maybe throw some sand on it while it's still wet. I guess it can't be any worse than it is now.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Coconut mat and glue/bolt that on.

Not the woven type, the one with the bristles.

If worried about gas milage just make a solid attachment on the bottom hinge having it permanent on the bed of the trailer and then role it out onto the gate once it's down, using some T hooks (get creative) to fasten the mat if that's even necessary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts