Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the forum and bikes in general lol so please bare with me... my friend bought the bike off of a guy on craigslist who said all it needed was a cdi box and it was good to go being he just put a new engine in. he put the new cdi box on and still nothing. so i bought the bike off of him just to tinker with but have had no luck. ive gone through and did a complete tune up with newer coils harness and fresh plugs... still nothing :/ so i pulled out the multi meter and downloaded the manual online and juss started going test crazy. still cant figure it out. lol sry for the life story on it but figured the more someone knew maybe the better they would be able to help me out, because i am completly stumped!!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Make sure you're getting correct voltage out of the stator to CDI, good ground to the engine (check all of the ground points, since the guy put a new engine in it, he could have easily forgotten to connect a block ground) and check if you have voltage on the coil signal wire. Also I had to go through 2 CDIs on my old bike before it fired up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
lol just sent you a pm, then i seen this, but like i said,m i have a cdi if you need one....but yan i would quadrouple check all grounds and connections!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the cdi is brand new. i have no idea where im losing it. thanks for the help im gunna go through the ground today...:coocoo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts