Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

What is the prettiest design?

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which is the prettiest ZX6R of all? This has been a topic of much debate within the Ninja community.

Well, now I'm gonna set up a thread about the the various Ninja ZX6R's throughout the years and give my own opinions about each as well as a brief summary. My goal in this is to see model what is regarded as the prettiest Ninja 6 of all time (at least according to us).

Now please remember to look at this as a design study. Don't argue that yours is the nicest just cause you have one(we like our bikes too).

This thread will specifically deal with ZX6R models. Earlier ZX6's won't be included. Also all the bikes are displayed in whatever hue of green kawi chose that year to keep it less about color and more about the design and execution.

Let's begin!

1995-1998: The beginning of a legend. The first ZX6-R screamed racetrack with it's ram-air induction and aerodynamic bodywork. Starting to look dated today but still very much a good looking machine. The paint was even wilder with racing graphics and bold colors. Never was much a fan of the single headlight though. and it looked a bit, shall we say, tubby.

1999-2002: The Ninja 6 gets leaner and more aggressive. Those twin headlights are a ZX6-R first and the look remains throughout the years. Ram-air is even more pronounced. That thing looks like it can inhale children off the sidewalk as you ride by. Boy-racer paint stays. Personally I love this models use of paint matching on it's wheels, it's sweet. The way they've been able to make the bike look so much better with some minor touches is genius.

2003-2004: Holy Sh*t. This bike just got so much more gorgeous than anything before it. The sleek minimal fairing, that oh-so-sexy tail section, and of course then theres the matter of the hardware. Gold upside-down forks with matching golden Tokico 4-piston radial brakes and rotors are the stuff of exotic race bikes, as is the LCD tach. Match this with an aggressive nose-up facia that has a huge ram-air NACA duct in the middle of it and you've got one pretty motorcycle.

2005-2006: Did someone say "evolution"? Yup, this is like the 04 body-style was turned up two notches. The nose now ducks down into the wind and everything was slimmed for more aero supremacy and the exhaust was move under the seat. The front blinkers are even flush with the body. The hardware now is even better too. Check out that GP style swing-arm and the wheels, those front discs are petal-style, yummy. This bike is getting closer and closer to the shape of a GP bike. Stunning.

2007-XXXX: This again shows that these bikes are a few years away from being GP bike with lights. Everything is smooth and even the ram-air is a bit smaller for more pressure. The projectors are clean and an either love or hate thing. That rear seat is much less bulbous than the 06's and is a better execution for the design. The rear tail light is a cool touch. A more classic tach also replaces the cool, but much hated, LCD tach. That upper triple clamp is gorgeous. Overall the fit and finish are way up but the design is a bit boring and too safe, at least compared to some of the others.

My Conclusion: Overall, my choice as the prettiest bike is the 05-06 ZX6-R. Even though I own a 04' model, and dig it a lot too, the 05-06 model years are really stunning bikes. Well designed and executed while being thoroughly original and cool. As a design, it's safe to say I love it.

What's your conclusion??

Post and Discuss!

PEACE!
:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6:hump6

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I am liking the 03 04 models cos the last of the propper exhaust before they went wrong ish with the can under the seat.. Not that keen but can look good.. Just strap on a sport can and tinted screen, fender eliminator and she is done.. Its the 1 for me even though i have a 98 6

·
Registered
900 Posts
I know mine is the J1 but I love the looks of the 00/01 models, the only thing that lets them down is the sunrise paint job, in one colour they look awesome. Long term plans for mine is a respray in green with white number boards, think it will look kick-ass.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This might be a biased opinion, but my favourite is the 05/06 Model, and that is why I got one.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
great post.

05 - 06 by far. And I ride an 07....

btw, where's the poll?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I tell you what,
when the first zx came out in 95...
this ol z1, kz, h1 rider about fell out!
That to me just has a place in my heart.

But...
I LUST AFTER THE 03-04s!!:devious

Great post, Bro.:cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd have to say the 03-04 models I wanted one baaad, but ended up with a '05 instead

·
Registered
89 Posts
i'd have to say the 03-04 model, i my be baised but that bike with a color matching seat cowl and a plate eliminator. looks like it just belongs on the track kicking everyone's ass. i think that the 03-04 model looks more like a gp bike than all the others with a side exhaust especially shortened, but all great bikes and i'm proud to own one.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Honestly I like the 07 but with the headlights from the 03-04 :p

Reactions: liveFAST84

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Great post!

I knew I wanted a Kawasaki when I was 9 or so with the 1995 models (I actually lusted after the ZX9R but I figured I wouldn't be alive long enough to enjoy one of those.). When the 03/04 ZX6R models came out they gave me the uncontrollable urge to touch myself inappropriately. I had wallpapers. Dozens of them. Some with hot men. Puppies. Kittens. Cans of Mountain Dew next to the bike. I was in love. I wanted to do inappropriate things to the motorcycle. To the Mountain Dew. And the hot men. Why not.

I just happened to 'come of age' in 2004. So I excitedly scooted down to the dealership, pointed at a ZX6R and made primal grunting noises while flailing my arms around in a fangirlish manner. Cue slow motion. I ran towards her. The bike visibly flinched. I hugged. I smothered. I may have licked the left headlight in the top left corner. But you can't prove it. We were meant to be, ZX6R and I.

So the 03/04 models were love at first site. My love began to waver when the 05/06 models came out unfortunately. I was annoyed I wasn't born a year previously. The arse end was a little too obese and flashing it's backdoor around all the time was a sure way to an air born STD. Nasty. But you have to admit, that bike has class. Maybe not as much class as the 03/04's however. So suck it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
07's which is why I bought one! I prefer the under-tail exhaust set up over the side one any day! Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i really like the 05/06's.

i really like the 07's/0304's/and 99-02's too...but i think 05/06 has a slight edge

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Quarkz! I tried, but had no luck as I'm an ignoramus. Sometimes all it takes is a woman's touch....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Judging by the pole zero, i've got the ugly sister(G1-98 different from the one shown). Still love it though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great post!

I knew I wanted a Kawasaki when I was 9 or so with the 1995 models (I actually lusted after the ZX9R but I figured I wouldn't be alive long enough to enjoy one of those.). When the 03/04 ZX6R models came out they gave me the uncontrollable urge to touch myself inappropriately. I had wallpapers. Dozens of them. Some with hot men. Puppies. Kittens. Cans of Mountain Dew next to the bike. I was in love. I wanted to do inappropriate things to the motorcycle. To the Mountain Dew. And the hot men. Why not.

I just happened to 'come of age' in 2004. So I excitedly scooted down to the dealership, pointed at a ZX6R and made primal grunting noises while flailing my arms around in a fangirlish manner. Cue slow motion. I ran towards her. The bike visibly flinched. I hugged. I smothered. I may have licked the left headlight in the top left corner. But you can't prove it. We were meant to be, ZX6R and I.

So the 03/04 models were love at first site. My love began to waver when the 05/06 models came out unfortunately. I was annoyed I wasn't born a year previously. The arse end was a little too obese and flashing it's backdoor around all the time was a sure way to an air born STD. Nasty. But you have to admit, that bike has class. Maybe not as much class as the 03/04's however. So suck it.

And there I thought its only guys who have feelings like that for our bikes.

:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
oh, the 07 takes 2nd. All the rest is a mixed bag for me.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts