Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Yeah, its cool, but so was the 300. They same crowd is going to buy these as they did for the 300.

If we're remaking shit, why in the fuck aren't we we remaking the 750 (or 800).

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess we keep remaking stuff and adding CC till we make it to the 500? Then we discontinue that and re-make more 650's.

How bout we stop at 400 and just supercharge it, since it looks like a baby H2 anyhow lol

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Going to be a good bike to take to the track.

KAWASAKI has just revealed this replacement for the Ninja 300, with capacity up to 399cc and a significant boost in power and torque.

The Ninja 400 makes a claimed 45hp and 28lbft from an all-new parallel-twin engine, up from the 39hp and 19.9lbft of its predecessor.

Kawasaki says it offers better performance throughout the range, with improved low-down torque, while retaining a smooth throttle response and rider-friendly character.

It’s got a new steel trellis frame which uses the engine as a stressed member and helps deliver a 6kg weight saving over the Ninja 300, putting the Ninja 400 at 168kg wet. (That's about 370 lb)

It benefits from an assist-and-slipper clutch said to make the lever 20% lighter to pull and gets styling details inspired by the Ninja H2, with ‘chin-spoilers’ just below the twin LED headlamps.

It’s got the largest front brake disc in its class according to Kawasaki, at 310mm, with Nissin ABS.

The riding position is ‘relaxed, sporty’ and the seat height is 786mm, while Kawasaki says the ‘large-volume bodywork’ offers good wind protection.

The new Kawasaki Ninja 400 was unveiled early this morning at Japan’s Tokyo Motor Show.

·
Director of Moderation
9,575 Posts
Yeah, its cool, but so was the 300. They same crowd is going to buy these as they did for the 300.

I guess we keep remaking stuff and adding CC till we make it to the 500? Then we discontinue that and re-make more 650's.

How bout we stop at 400 and just supercharge it, since it looks like a baby H2 anyhow lol
It's just the cycle man...they'll keep making these "entry level" bikes bigger and bigger until you get to like 500-600ish cc at which point they've basically eliminated the "entry level" bikes, and then they'll go back to 250 and start over. It's just a "who's got the bigger dick" contest between manufacturer's ever since Honda joined the party in 2012 with the 250 after so many years of Kawasaki monopolizing the little bike class (sport bikes). Then Kawi made the 300. Then Honda came out with a 300 and then a 500. Then Yamaha made the R3 which is 320. Now Suzuki's like "Oh shit! We missed the boat...we just came out with one but it's only a 250. Fuck!". And now it was about time Kawi made some changes since the 300 is already 5 years old.\

And yes it will be the same crowd who will buy these because they're replacing the 300 with it, unlike Honda who offered the 250, 300, and 500 all at the same time, or roughly at the same time.

I think it'll be fun though. Weighs less than the 300 and will have about 6-7 more hp, which puts it at about the same power level as the bigger CBR500, but a hell of a lot lighter. Trellis frame is interesting too...I would likely buy one in a couple of years if it proves to be better than the R3.

For now though, since I'm more interested in racing, the rules in many club racing orgs will have to change to accommodate this bike because as it stands now, this would only be legal for 2 classes in CCS, as oppose to 5 classes that the 300 is legal in.

·
Director of Moderation
9,575 Posts
On this topic...did you guys see the promo video for this? Filmed at Road America in Wisconsin, with Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes! How cool is that! :D

·
Registered
6,202 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
He blocked me so thank you for quoting that so he sees it. Lmao

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Have they announced pricing for this thing? I'd love to have one as a track bike but I hope it's not hugely more expensive than the 300...

The Japanese need to come out with a 450 triple. They'd absolutely clean-up on the track (and in sales to me haha).

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Have they announced pricing for this thing? I'd love to have one as a track bike but I hope it's not hugely more expensive than the 300...

The Japanese need to come out with a 450 triple. They'd absolutely clean-up on the track (and in sales to me haha).
A friend and fellow zx6r.com user who sells motorcycles hasn't gotten the slightest clue when they can begin ordering them. You cannot order the 300 anymore according to him though, so hopefully soon :O

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Ahhh wow, so I guess they're waiting till they sell the current stock-pile of 300s. I didn't realise they were killing the 300 as a result. Heck you can still order the bloody 250R here.

·
Director of Moderation
9,575 Posts
Ninja 400 msrp in the US was announced to be $5,000 and it comes with no ABS! Not bad. Good job kawi for keeping the same price and still offering a non-ABS version.

The ABS one is an additional $400 if I recall. And then of course there is the special edition version which is just a different paint scheme and it comes with ABS for a few hundred bucks more.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Ninja 400 msrp in the US was announced to be $5,000 and it comes with no ABS! Not bad. Good job kawi for keeping the same price and still offering a non-ABS version.

The ABS one is an additional $400 if I recall. And then of course there is the special edition version which is just a different paint scheme and it comes with ABS for a few hundred bucks more.
Nice. Too bad the ninja 300 lost out to two R3's in the WSS 300 championship. Kawasaki is making sure they win this year.

·
Registered
985 Posts

Exactly. Now there will be a 400...and then what? A 500?

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
A ninja 500 would be revolutionary.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts