Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Newbie-Simple eadlight query-2000 zx6 j1

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  lee6r 
#1 ·
HELLO

i BOUGHT A 2000 ZX6 J1 RECENTLY AND HAVE NOTICED THAT THE DUAL HEADLIGHT ONLY LIGHTS UP ON THE NEARSIDE WHEN ON DIPPED BEAM AND ON BOTH SIDES WHEN ON FULL BEAM. ALSO, WHEN I ACTIVATE THE PASS LEVER THINGY TO FLASH THE HEADLAMP, NOTHING HAPPENS.

SIMPLE QUESTIONS REALLY AND I AM SURE YOU SHALL ALL SET ME STRAIGHT.

A- IS MY OFFSIDE HEADLIGHT BULB BLOWN OR IS THIS THE NORM.?

B - WHY ISNT THE HEADLIGHT FLASHING WHEN I ACTIVATE THE PASS LEVER THINGY?IS THIS THE BULB OR POSSIBLY A FUSE?

C- IF THE BULB IS BLOWN, HOW DO YOU CHANGE IT?DOES IT JUST PULL OUT?

AND WHEN I AM AT IT, ANYONE RECOMMEND DECENT PRICED TYRES FOR THIS BIKE WHEN I AM REALLY JUST COMMUTING ON IT,(NO TRACKDAYS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT)

ANY HELP SHALL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. AS YOU CAN SEE, I HAVE LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF TINKERING WITH BIKES, BUT I AM CHUFFED TO BITS WITH THIS BIKE. LOVING IT!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Go to the file vault, grab the service manual and it will tell you how to change the bulbs....however, on my US 2001 ZX-6R J1, both headlights light up in both low and high beams....don't have a pass lever, so can't help you with that. Good luck.

#7 ·
Thanks folks.
One more thing.
How do you remove the bulb. It is covered by a round black rubber cover.

Does this just pull off? I am not wanting to just tug at the thing is case there is a specific way that it is removed and I damage it? Looks simple enough to change the bulb but cant seem to figure out how this bit comes off-manual doesnt show how!!!

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.