Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the big deal with these 'yoshi' pipes? what does it add to the bike? cause i noticed they have pretty nice price tags on them.

whats all the hype about?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Yoshi pipes are just another way of saying Yoshimura. Its a type of exhaust system that comes in either slip on or full system. A slip on will add a few horsepower but a full system with an aftermarket air filter will get you some serious pulling power. And some serious wallet deficiency.

Plenty of companies make exhausts though. Yoshi's are quite popular though (Especially with Suzuki's)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are yoshimura pipes any better than any other type of exhaust system?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Nah. Some will say they're all equal but usually the more expensive they are the better they are (Eg. Arata). This means HP gain, build quality and most importantly, sound! Yoshi's are just very popular (and cheaper than others), thus they are mentioned more often.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bro.

are there any yoshi pipes you would recommend on a zx-6r? i went to their site they have alot of different pipes ..

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
There's a good exhaust thread here. Yoshi options on the 05/06 (I assume this is your year model?) are limited to slip on or full in the RS5 shape. Then you can choose between Stainless Steel, Carbon Fibre or Titanium (From least expensive to most)

and I'm a girl by the way so no bro's here :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
look at all the pipes out there for the 05-06 and pick which one u like best all slip on makes about the same horses and u will not feel that 1 hp difference

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i plan on getting an 07 zx6r. does it make a difference as far as exhaust systems go?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Nah, same principal. You'll just find the 07 exhausts a touch more expensive. Actually probably a whole heap more expensive!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are these exhaust systems relatively easy to install?
(as far as the slip on RS-5 system is concerned?)

·
Registered
86 Posts
the 2bros on the 07 is a great kit at a great price. however if you don't have a pcIII you will notice a loss in lowend pull. just read around, look at lots of pictures and compare prices. then come out with something YOU like. a slip on is pretty much a slip on, some will have a better sound, some will look better. Really depends what you are looking for and where your budget is at

1 - 12 of 12 Posts