Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i would pop in and intro myself....
picking up an 05 636 on monday when i am 40 (birthday)
got the bug after wasting 20 years messing with lammys and vespas
loved moto gp all my life and mx in secret so my mod mates wouldnt cast me out
got a zxr 400 last month and blew it up last weekend HEADGASKET i think
so i thought balls to waiting till i fix it go get a new bike
so here i am knowing not how to ride properly yet with no fear of speed :coocoo
hopefully will try to meet up with a club or something to ride with somebody as all my mates are mods and i am not allowed to go with them on my kwaka
thanks for listening see ya soon

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the Zone. Be sure to post some pics up of your new ride.

Make sure you get the proper training so you don't get too ahead of yourself on the new bike. Or just use some common sense and don't overdo it. Oh, and happy birthday for Monday!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Happy Birthday for monday mate and like Quarkz said, take it steady dont get rushing around cos you now have the acceleration cos that will get you into alot more trouble than your mates ostracizing you!...;)

I didn't think the mods and rockers thing really existed anymore so tell your mates to get over themselves (i'd say let them have a ride and they'd be converted anyway, but its way to risky incase your new baby goes down the road alone! :(

Just returned to riding myself after 20 years (43) and its great, shame its fast turning into winter only had a few days out, but looking forward to the spring thats for sure. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks lads will take on board the advice and my new rides in my sig at the bottom
pick it up tomorow due to bank being shut and cant get the cash out left fat deposit
sounds awesome cant wait to ride her in 24 hours time needs a new rear though seems a bit thin to me
how much and whats best to go for had corsa bridges on my zx4?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
happy birthday mate and keep it safe out there!! Im runnin poilt road on frfont and road 2 on the rear,

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello mate i'm in Barnsley (South Yorks). I picked my newish "98-S" bike up last week exactly a week after passing my test. What an awesome bike. Still getting used to it & keep grinning, can't wait for some good weather! (haha) Perhaps we'll meet up? i've got a few mates with sports bikes (1xGSXR750- 2XFireblades)

All the best Phil

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum and happy birthday!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks lads i may take yous up on the offer of a jaunt out as long as its on a weekend and i can bin the twins off if shes at work
thanks for all the birthday greets too it warms me old heart:hail

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome to the site, happy birthday, top choice of bike and lastly you would be very fed up trying to go at the same pace as your 'mates' on Vespas it would be frustration central.

On the mods and rockers theme last time I had any trouble was way back in 1983 when twice I got chased once in Weston Super Mare and the other in London, my old 125 wetdream managed to leave 'em for dead tho'. I would have hoped that rivalry had died out by now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts