Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!

I have a 1999 Ninja ZX-6R (check out my profile in the garage section for a pic) and I want to get different front signals. Here is the problem...........I am very, very, very, anal about what I will put on this bike. It is a long story, and it is not for financial reasons, but I will own other bikes (hopefully newer Ninja's), but this bike will NEVER be sold. That being said, I am asking for help from other Ninja riders, hopefully that have had or know someone that has an older bike like mine. I have checked all the normal sources, and there are some lights available, but they seem to be "generic". There are the ones that look like marker lights that go on pickup truck cabs, and that would be fine, if someone knows that they fit in the small recessed area like they should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side note......we sold my wife's Ninja 250 that is in the garage section and got her a 2003 Suzuki SV650S. She joined svrider.com and I have used it to build her bike the way she wants. SV riders are very loyal and dedicated, and she was kind enough to remind me that I too belong to a dedicated forum, but I have been so focused on hers that I totally forgot. Sorry. Her bike is nearly done, and now it is time to refocus on mine. Great site you got going here.

Thanks again,
Gary

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
here are the ones i have.

there is no gap between them and the fairing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect....That is what I needed to know. Thank you for your help and quick response. I will post more pics of mine as well as hers soon.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
you could get the clear lenses to replace the orange ones

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
oh yer i have the 1998 model

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about clear lenses, but I want to clean it up. I may have found something, so thanks to all for your help. I like the way the blue one looks, so I think that is the way I will go. Will post pics when done. Thanks again to everyone.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Nice Mean Green Machine you got there Gary!
I dont blame ya one bit for not wanting to get rid of it.
Those will become priceless if ya ask me.:devious

And I know what you're talking about being
"anal about what I will put on this bike"
Ive got the same mind set / problem. lol
I have yet to find something that is worthy to be on my bike.
The only reason I cut the tail was Im having a hard time finding
an under tail that I like.
And then I did not even cut the original fender...I ordered another
one to cut up and used it.
Every bike I have ever had, even the ones Ive still got, can go back
completely to stock condition.
(now that is anal):)
Oh well, sorry to jack your thread.
That IS a sweet ride, Bro!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks brother, I like it too. It is a long story, but we purchased my bike when we could not afford it, and my sales career finally took off so I could buy a new one, and I cant bring myself to do it. It has meaning to Sandi and I because of the situation at the time and what we went through when I took a job that could have gone either way. This may sound like alot of personal crap, but you dont know who the hell I am. Lol! Anyway, I trimmed the tail the way I wanted and installed some lights on the license plate bolts, and I just bought all the pieces for the front on ebay. Her bike has turned out really nice as well. It is silver, so we have accented it in red. Recovered seat in red, red tank grip, red windscreen, red pegs, and red bar ends. I will post pics soon, still installing some parts. Well, heading out to take the "ball and chain" and the little minions to the MX Big Air contest. Thanks again for the compliments brother, props right back at ya.
Later,
Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts