Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new hear and I just sold my gixxer 600 last summer and want to get something new for this summer. 1st of all I would like to find an 05 or 06 ninja but need help deciding. Could u tell me what the diffrence is between the zx6r/ 636/ and the zx6rr. And are the 05-06 a completly identical bike. Also how do u guys like urs hows the ride/comfort/& performance.
Thanks Alot

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the site! Glad you're thinking about choosing Kawasaki for your next ride.

ZX6R - Can be either the 599 or 636cc models as they both carry this name by decals.
ZX636 - The 636cc model. Years 2003-2006. Far superior!
ZX6RR - The 599cc model. Race ready models from 2003-2006. Included added extras dependant on year (Some examples were different colored frames/chains, adjustable suspension etc)

The 05/06 bikes are exactly the same except you can get different colours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i love the feel and ride of the bike, it is SMOOTH!!!! and powerful, at the next bike week daytona has, go test ride one, you will love it. or if you can find a dealership to let you ride one.

i didn't like the gsxr because it felt like a box between your legs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I hated the gixxer I could only pull it up in 2nd with -1 +2 at like 65mph it had no power and was very uncompfortable

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so is can u feel a conciderable diffrence in the 636? And they stopped making them in the end of 06 right and if the bike is like an 05-06 and says zx6r it is a 636 right.
Thanks guys

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i dont know about a considerable difference with the 36, i've never ridden one,

but other than that, you are correct sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts