Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up! I'm new to the site but not new to riding. I have an 05 Titanium 636. No real mods to speak of..just a Yoshi slip-on, jump wire mod and the rest is cosmetic. I have a tech question. My bike has 26,400 miles on it now and for the past 10,000 of that, my bike will intermittently stall on me. I will be be riding along and it just starts to sputter and then dies completely like its out of gas. Sometimes it will start right away, other times i've had to st and wait almost an hour before it'll start and stay running. I've had it in to the dealer three times and those idiots just keep telling me that they can't duplicate it and therefore can't diagnose it. Now, the FI light comes on when it stalls and its happening more frequently. Anyone else experience this and/or have any suggestions for me. I'm about ready to ghost ride the damn thing into the lake.:O

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the site....

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey, did you get your bike fixed?? What was wrong with it?? Or does anyone else have any idea?? Mine is doing the same thing! Run for a while then randomly dies. wont turn over for a while like something is hot! the last time it happened it would hardly crank over. Someone thought maybe the magneto was bad???? I dunno, but its making me mad!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are you running a power commander with the Yoshi ?

When did the problems start, before or after fitting the slip on/jump wire mod ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well that was his first and only post.... so i doubt he is around here anymore... but im having this problem right now. I have a two brothers exhaust on mine. but ive had it on since i bought the bike brand new in 05'!! i really would rather fix it myself than take it to a shop but i cant just keep waiting and guessing. lol:coocoo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts