Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i washed my bike and now have no speedo mileage or temp i read about this somewhere but can't remember what the cure or cause was :confused

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
So the entire gauge cluster isn't working?

Take off the front fairing and unplug the cluster. Then plug it back in. If that doesn't work then...uh. I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
sounds nasty have you taken it out and used a hair dryer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you checked all the plugs, did you check the connections were making contact with each other? As the plugs may have been wet to begin with, but when you pluged them back into each other, did any of the contacts bend or break? Also if you are not using your bike over Crimbo it might be worth sticking your dash in the airing cupboard to make sure that there is no water in that (not in an area thats too hot). Sorry it's a bit long winded, but its all I can think of? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
have to admit it sounds more like the clocks themselves. does the actually speedo and rev counter themselves work and its just the small screens that dont work. if its the clocks themselves id take them apart and leave them to dry out somewhere warm.

otherwise if you fancy a bit of a run out im just outside boston and also have a 99 model so we could swap things over from one bike to the other and try isolate the problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you checked that the main power connector has a 12v feed?

I would go to the source first e.g. The battery, check all connections are tight, then look at the fuses. After that I would then go to the harness to Inst cluster connector and so on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
im with amb67 start at the battery/fuses u might slaver on taking the whole unit out or stripping right back to the loom and it could just be a fuse..(start simple then move forward)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts